What You'll Get
- Friday, January 21 at 8 p.m.
- Saturday, January 22 at 2 p.m.
- Saturday, January 22 at 8 p.m.
Exuberating the Elizabethan, The Improvised Shakespeare Company curates an epic evening of history-defying comedy quips. With Shakespeare's worlds open for interpretation, the company may dabble in the themes of kings, queens, political prowess, pranksters, and knee-slapping tales of heart-crushed lovers. With nary a script to nip from, the Chicago-based improv crew invents new tales of guffaw and jest each time they take the world as their stage.
Uptown Theater was featured in the Grand Prairie Times. The Improvised Shakespeare Company was named 2010 Ensemble of the Year at the Chicago Improv Festival, and 2009 Best Improv Group by the Chicago Reader. Time Out Chicago featured the Improvised Shakespeare Company.
- Doing funny improv is hard enough. The men of the Improvised Shakespeare Company do it using the language and themes of the Bard. In rhymed couplets and swashbuckler blouses, they’re consistently hilarious. – Chicago Reader
- The actors are as apt to perform silly slapstick as they are to weave compelling classical narratives, though they do both extremely well. – Steve Heisler, Time Out Chicago
The Fine Print
Expiration varies. Amount paid never expires. Valid only for date and time purchased. Must use in 1 visit, no cash back. Merchant is solely responsible to purchasers for the care and quality of the advertised goods and services.