- Make chocolates at home
- Guests learn to temper chocolate, use molds & more
- Learn from a Dove chocolatier
What You'll Get
Jump to: Reviews | The Chocolatier
A fine chocolate is like a fine wine: full-flavored, delicately structured, and inadvisable to consume while operating a Segway. Today's deal gives you the key to the chocolate kingdom: for $30, a Dove Chocolate Discoveries independent chocolatier will come to your home and teach you and three friends the art of making gourmet chocolates and truffles, a $60 value.
Dove Chocolate Discoveries is a network of citizen chocolatiers who travel across the United States hosting decadent chocolate parties (this Groupon is applicable in Iredell, Mecklenburg, Yadkin, Wilkes, Alexander, Catawba, Lincoln, Gaston, Carrabus, Union, Stanly, Lancaster, York, Rowan, and Davie counties). Each guest has hands-on time learning to temper chocolate, use chocolate molds, apply colorful designs, and make chocolate truffles, officially considered a superpower by 38 states, and therefore subject to Tony Stark's eminently sensible Superhero Registration Act. By the end of the fun and flavorful festivities, each newly crowned chocolate chef will have created a box of 10 gourmet chocolates to take home and place at the bottom of the fish tank, or better yet, eat.
The skills you'll learn at a Dove Chocolate Discoveries tasting party make it easy to confidently and creatively entertain at home. Chocolate is always a crowd-pleasing treat; the average American eats 10 to 12 pounds a day. Treating three friends, loved ones, or estranged second cousins to an unforgettable chocolatextravaganza can be the perfect way to celebrate a birthday, promotion, retirement, or successful motorcycle jump over a 20-foot-long box of rattlesnakes and two mountain lions. Gratuity is not included.
- Imagine a room filled with friends sitting around tasting and oohing and ahhing over chocolate…rich, premium dark, milk and white chocolate. Chocolate candies, chocolate desserts, chocolate beverages and more. Imagine learning about chocolate, tasting chocolate, and sharing that experience with other chocolate lovers. – Food Channel blog
Across the nation, sticky-fingered chocolate fiends build shrines to Dove chocolatiers and their parties. MerchantCirclers give Dove Chocolate Discoveries 4.7 stars, and a handful of the Candy Blogger's sugar-crazed followers sing praises for chocolatiering:
- She came all the way to Arkansas and gave me a Chocolate tasting party, The products and party was best i have ever seen, My guest were so Thanksful. [sic] – Carolyn, MerchantCircle
- The home parties are a hit because everyone loves tasting chocolate, especially Dove chocolate and buying it. – Linda, Candy Blog
The Fine Print
Promotional value expires Jan 19, 2011. Amount paid never expires. May purchase multiple as gifts. Limit 1 per 4 people. By appointment only. Available in most surrounding Charlotte areas, call to verify. Gratuity not included. Not valid for products. Merchant is solely responsible to purchasers for the care and quality of the advertised goods and services.