What You'll Get
Captain America once said, "'Twas music that soothed the savage beast." Although he was talking about his short-lived nemesis Dr. Angry Parakeet, it's just as true for animals of the human persuasion. Soothe your savage insides with today's Groupon: for $12, you get one best-available, main-floor ticket to an Indianapolis Symphony Orchestra performance (up to a $28 value). Choose from eight performances of music by Dvorak, Sibelius, or Vivaldi, all taking place at the Hilbert Circle Theatre:
- Thursday, February 3 at 11 a.m., performing Dvorak’s Cello Concerto
- Friday, February 4 at 7:30 p.m., performing Dvorak’s Cello Concerto
- Saturday, February 5 at 7:30 p.m., performing Dvorak’s Cello Concerto
- Friday, April 1 at 7:30 p.m., performing Sibelius’ Second Symphony
- Saturday, April 2 at 7:30 p.m., performing Sibelius’ Second Symphony
- Thursday, May 12 at 11 a.m., performing Vivaldi’s Four Seasons
- Friday, May 13 at 7:30 p.m., performing Vivaldi's Four Seasons
- Saturday, May 14 at 7:30 p.m., performing Vivaldi’s Four Seasons
The concerts will feature performances of Dvorak’s Cello Concerto, Sibelius’ Second Symphony, and Vivaldi’s Four Seasons. Eager patrons can arrive early to evening performances for Sound Off, an interactive multimedia exploration of the night's music and performers, and then linger afterward for Reverb, a postconcert gathering with the Indianapolis Symphony Orchestra and fellow audience members, complete with complimentary wine.
Besides nourishing the soul and tickling the intellect, the transcendent tuneage of Vivaldi and soaring strings of Dvorak might preserve your sanity by finally, finally dislodging the Main Street Electrical Parade music that's been stuck in your head since an eighth-grade band trip to Disney World. Explore a diverse sampling of the best classical music by one of the nation's premier orchestras with today's Groupon to the Indianapolis Symphony Orchestra.
- The magnificent Indianapolis Symphony Orchestra, founded in 1930, has delighted millions with its musical excellence…They not only strive to please adults who appreciate fine music, but also to educate and entertain children of all ages in regards to the world of the symphony. – 10Best
The Fine Print
Expiration varies. Amount paid never expires. Valid only for show date purchased. Valid for main-floor, best-available ticket only. Subject to availability. Merchant is solely responsible to purchasers for the care and quality of the advertised goods and services.