Like a knockoff designer purse, improperly prepared naan may look fine from the outside, but when loaded with seasoned meats, will inevitably split at the seams and embarrass you in public. Avoid a fashion food pas with today’s Groupon to Indigo Indian Bistro. Choose between the following options:
- For $25, you get dinner for two (up to a $55.90 total value), which includes:
- One appetizer (a $4 value)
- Two entrees (up to a $21.95 value each)
- One dessert (a $3 value each)
- One side of naan (a $2 value each)
- One side of basmati rice (a $3 value each)<p>
- For $45, you get dinner for four (up to a $111.80 total value), which includes:
- Two appetizers (a $4 value each)
- Four entrees (up to a $21.95 value each)
- Two desserts (a $3 value each)
- Two sides of naan (a $2 value each)
- Two sides of basmati rice (a $3 value each)
Indigo Indian Bistro tosses its menu of chicken, lamb, and vegetarian dishes with fiery spices and rich sauces. Appetizers such as bhajias—vegetable fritters—and bhelpuri—a hodgepodge of rice puffs, chickpea noodles, and tamarind—effuse distinctive Indian flavors with every bite or lance from a wily index finger. The kitchen staff grills lamb, jumbo shrimp, and chicken inside a traditional clay oven and augments each entree’s fire-roasted exterior with heaps of basmati rice and fluffy naan. Kulfi, homemade pistachio-almond ice cream, and gulab jamun, Indian cheese balls in honey syrup, melt like ice cubes on a tanning bed when spooned into waiting mouths.
Indigo Indian Bistro
The scent of exotic spices drifts through Indigo Indian Bistro's dining room as cooks sear, roast, and grill Indian dishes in the kitchen. Percolating sauces exude aromas of peppery tomatoes, almonds and saffron, or incendiary chilies as they arrive at the tables. A clay tandoor oven bakes orders of vegetables, lamb, or fish in one of the sauces, infusing entrees with flavors more harmonious than a barbershop quartet made up of clones of your high-school music teacher.