What You'll Get
Without frequent exposure to art, viewers may struggle to discern whether they're looking at an impressionist masterpiece or out a heavily smudged window. Start your eye-training with today's Groupon to the Institute of Contemporary Art in Boston. Choose from the following options:
- For $32, you get an individual annual membership (a $65 value), including:
- One membership card for free gallery admission
- Invitations to exhibition openings and member viewing hours
- Subscription to the ICA newsletter and eNews
- Discounts at the ICA Store and café and at ICA public programs and performances
- For $42, you get a dual or family annual membership (a $95 value), including:
- All individual-membership benefits
- Two membership cards
- Free admission for children younger than age 18 and invitations to family events with family membership
- For $60, you get an associate-level membership (a $125 value), including:
- All dual membership benefits
- Four guest-admission passes
- Invitation to member-appreciation event
- Advance ticket sales to ICA public programs, films, and performances
- Reciprocal admission to the Whitney Museum of American Art in New York City
Overlooking Boston Harbor, the Institute of Contemporary Art's stark glass façade houses a well-curated permanent collection of modern art as well as a rotating selection of shows, installations, and performances. Visitors meander halls lined in works of various mediums, such as the currently running video installation Isaac Julien: Ten Thousand Waves, a collection of found-object sculptures by Jessica Jackson Hutchins, and Air, an interactive exhibit that flows through the lungs of every museum-goer.
Promoting dance, theater, and musical arts, the museum's calendar of performances gives patrons a chance to kick back and relax as artworks unfold before their eyes. Various interactive programs, such as the family art-making workshop keep members in tune with their own creative drives by encouraging artistic exploration.
Photo credit: Iwan Baan
About Institute of Contemporary Art
The Fine Print
Promotional value expires Jun 20, 2012. Amount paid never expires. Valid only for option purchased. Must activate by 6/20/12, membership expires 1 year from activation date. New members only. Merchant is solely responsible to purchasers for the care and quality of the advertised goods and services.