All reviews are from people who have redeemed deals with this merchant.
What You'll Get
Jump to: Reviews | Get Treated Like Royalty
When itinerant malört traders first set foot on the handsome shoreline kissing the western edge of Lake Michigan, their wanderings were rewarded by the magnificence of a lone hotel shining in the sun. Today’s Groupon invites you to the Michigan Avenue hotel that an entire city was built to surround, with $249 rooms at the InterContinental Chicago for $99.
Root yourself in the middle of the big city action by booking a stay in the hotel some call “the slammer of Chicago’s pog collection.” The InterContinental Chicago holds 790 renovated rooms with spectacular views of either the city’s firefly lights or the secret-ensconcing lake. Amenities includes a Junior-Olympic sized pool, 24-hour business center, restaurant, bar, and an entire second hotel hidden within the walls.
With its front doors proudly positioned on the stoop of the Magnificent Mile, the thrill of entering this landmark hotel is paralleled only by the excitement of entering your own room, especially if you've requested that your room be filled with actors portraying surprise-party guests (not included with this Groupon). The InterContinental’s 1920s-infused modern rooms feature oversized desks for rotund business ambitions; high-speed Internet; 37-inch, hi-def LCD televisions for oversized programming; terrycloth bathrobes hand-stitched by Terry himself; twice-a-day maid service; and the world delivered to your door through your complimentary morning paper.
The sonnet is an Italian poetic form that translates to “a room,” and it’s not a difficult leap to equate the rooms at the InterContinental to metrically sound works of poetry. For the traveler, tourist, or those “between homes,” there’s no better way to get the Chicago treatment than by residing for a night or two in these legendary digs. Each Groupon gets you one night, and there’s no limit to how many you may purchase and use between December 13, 2009, and March 12, 2010.
Remember to reserve rooms in advance. Groupon not valid for December 31, 2009, and February 24, 25, or 26, 2010.
- We only stayed one night but, the service was excellent, location was better than we imagined, and they were very flexible! – eggburt, Tripadvisor
- The location was wonderful for my wife who was able to shop to her hearts content on the magnificent mile – lindmar, Tripadvisor
- Classy, clean and just all around excellent service – Elizabeth C., Yelp
Get Treated Like Royalty
The InterContinental Hotel treats all of its guests like royalty, so there's nothing wrong with acting like royalty while you're staying there. Here's a guide to a having a monarchical stay:
- Use the mini-bar, but claim "diplomatic immunity" from paying for it
- Insist that your room service order be tested for poison by a plucky orphan
- Watch lots of TV—the entertainment of kings—and play the game Trouble—the board game with the pop-o-matic popper of kings
- Marry yourself to other guests at your leisure
- Declare war on a rival hotel whose promise of "complimentary breakfast" was technically true, but disappointing
Follow @Groupon_Says on Twitter.
The Fine Print
Promotional value expires Nov 26, 2011. Amount paid never expires. Reservation required. Subject to availability. Valid 12/6/09 - 3/12/10. Not valid 12/11-12/12/09, 12/31/09 or 2/24/10 - 2/26/10. 15% tax not included. Merchant is solely responsible to purchasers for the care and quality of the advertised goods and services.