All reviews are from people who have redeemed deals with this merchant.
What You'll Get
Learning about science in a museum is safer than experiencing it firsthand by accidentally ingesting a science textbook. Embrace science with today’s Groupon to the International Museum of Surgical Science. Choose from the following options:
- For $20, you get an individual museum membership (a $40 value). Membership includes:
- Free museum admission for one year
- A coupon for a Hall of Murals poster
- Subscription to the museum’s MuseLetter
- Invitations to museum programs and events
- Discounts on museum programs
- Reciprocal free or reduced admission at more than 200 science museums globally<p>
- For $40, you get a family museum membership (an $80 value). Family membership extends all the benefits of individual membership to two adults and two dependents or grandchildren younger than age 18 for a duration of one year.<p>
- For $15, you get one-day admission for two people (up to a $30 value).<p>
The International Museum of Surgical Science collects medical tools, health-related texts, and fine art to showcase surgery’s multifaceted history. Exhibits display both Eastern and Western medical tools, including a replica of the giant mallet used as an anesthetic in animated shorts. Museum-goers can gaze at whole-body and organ specimens, as well as the polio exhibit’s working iron lung. Centuries-old artifacts in the museum include an Austrian amputation saw with a reversible blade from 1500, a collection of early x-rays from 1910, and metallic wings given to Victorian children who couldn’t naturally fly. In addition to its artifacts, the museum houses commissioned oil paintings related to human anatomy, as well as thousands of books, journals, and manuscripts.
The Fine Print
Expiration varies. Amount paid never expires. Limit 5 per person. Membership options must activate by 11/11/12, membership expires 1 year from activation date. Valid only for option purchased. Not valid for special exhibitions. Merchant is solely responsible to purchasers for the care and quality of the advertised goods and services.