- $149 for a scuba certification class at International Scuba at either its Garland or Carrollton locations
- Certification course offered at self-pace, dependent on individual progress, and can be completed in as few as five or six days
- Resource and information provided in the “crewpack,” which includes informative DVD, study guides, class materials, and a log book prior to course
- Learn underwater knowledge about such topics as on pressure affecting body, choosing best gear, and what factors to consider when planning a dive
- Develop and learn basic diving skills and emergency procedures from a PADI-certified instructor in five confined-water dives, then advance to four open-water dives and put newly learned skills to the test
- Exam at end of course for certification *Groupon subscribers also receive a 10% discount on gear purchases
Personal equipment is required for certification course. Check [here] to view International Scuba’s required equipment. Must be 10 years or older for junior open-water dives and 15 years or older for open-water dives.
Four Yelpers give International Scuba in Carrollton an average of 4.5 stars: > * I am going to bring my daughter here for her 10th birthday… to get certified because I’m THAT confident in this school. – Marissa B. > * Thanks to my patient instructors, I am now a certified Open Water Diver, and Advanced Diver is on the horizon!! – Kathryn A.
As part of a premiere PADI five-star instructor-development center, International Scuba’s team trains underwater explorers in a variety of courses that range from snorkeling and skin diving to open-water and rescue diving. The heated, indoor salt-water pool accommodates divers from ages 8 and older, and equipment packages ensure all students are outfitted for their dives. Beyond the student level, divers can also earn their master scuba-diver certification, learning how to dive at the highest level.
Students who master any of these levels can then elect a related specialty allowing them to dive under the ice, discover underwater wrecks, snap photographs of marine life, and help protect coral reefs from predatory plastic bags. Students who have completed their desired level of training but want to venture forth with a group can also participate in a trip diving in locations abroad and in 30 rivers, quarries, and beaches in and around Texas.