All reviews are from people who have redeemed deals with this merchant.
· Reviewed 2 days ago
· Reviewed 4 days ago
Reviewed 7 days ago
What You'll Get
Choose Between Two Options
- $175 for Family Operation Slumber admission for two: one child and one chaperone ($240 value)
- $340 for Family Operation Slumber admission for four: three children and one chaperone ($480 value)
Choose from three dates:
- Saturday, July 25
- Friday, July 31
- Saturday, August 8
During Operation Slumber, families get to spend the night aboard Intrepid. They’ll visit the Space Shuttle Pavilion, take a flashlight tour of the flight deck, go on a scavenger hunt, watch a show in a pop-up planetarium, and ride in a flight simulator followed by hands-on activities for the whole family. Kids also receive a complimentary voucher for museum admission good for 60 days and a goodie bag with a t-shirt. Dinner, snacks, and breakfast are provided. See a sample itinerary here.
The Fine Print
Expiration varies. Amount paid never expires. Reservation required. Limit 4 per person, may buy 4 additional as gifts. Valid only for option purchased. Age Range 6-17 years old (ideal for 8-12). Adult supervision required; 1:5 Adult:Child Ratio. Must book with Intrepid Group Sales 2 weeks prior to your event date to guarantee your spots. All youth must be at least 6 years old and no older than 17 years old. Not valid for organized youth groups; for larger group options please visit website. Merchant is solely responsible to purchasers for the care and quality of the advertised goods and services.
About Intrepid Sea, Air & Space Museum
What's more impressive than the Lockheed A-12 Blackbird—the world's fastest spy plane? Or a guided missile submarine? Well, how about a space shuttle? At the Intrepid Sea, Air & Space Museum, visitors will find all of this amid more than two dozen authentically restored aircraft, including the British Airways Concorde, the fastest commercial aircraft to cross the Atlantic Ocean. Through exhibitions, educational programming, and the well-rounded collection of technologically groundbreaking aircraft and vessels, the nonprofit institution provides visitors of all ages with an interactive journey through history to learn about American innovation and bravery. Professional guided tours are available to enhance the experience.
- The Building: the aircraft carrier Intrepid, which withstood kamikaze attacks and a torpedo strike during World War II
- Size: the carrier's four decks take two to three hours to explore, unless you're visiting in an F-14 Tomcat
- Eye Catcher: Inside the Space Shuttle Pavilion, the gigantic shuttle Enterprise hovers above several space-themed exhibits.
- Permanent Mainstay: The American guided missile submarine Growler welcomes guests into its dining room, attack center, and torpedo room (where some of the crew also slept).
- Don't Miss: The Lockheed A-12 Blackbird spy plane, the world's fastest military jet with a top speed of 2,269 mph and cameras that could shoot pictures from 80,000 feet in the air.
- Limited Time: Kids Week features real scientists teaching attendees of the wonders of polar ice caps, expoplanets, and more; each day of the event has unique interactive displays and children's book authors.
- Hands-On Experience: Kids can climb into a helicopter and steer from an airplane's cockpit in Exploreum Hall.
- Pro Tip: Be sure to talk to the volunteers—many served aboard Intrepid or on other Navy ships.