All reviews are from people who have redeemed deals with this merchant.
Reviewed December 23, 2015
· Reviewed 20 hours ago
· Reviewed 2 days ago
What You'll Get
- $110 for a one-year family membership ($200 value)
Membership includes the following:
• Unlimited, free admission to the Intrepid Museum, submarine Growler and the Space Shuttle Pavilion for two adults and up to eight children ages 17 or younger
• An express admission line for entrance to the Museum
• Invitations to the annual Members Open House
• Invitations to exhibition previews and members-only early hours
• Priority admission to Summer Movie Nights
• Discounts on Guided Tours and on Flight Simulator rides
• Discounts at the Intrepid Museum store and restaurants
• Family members receive two, non-transferable membership cards
The Fine Print
Promotional value expires 90 days after purchase. Amount paid never expires. Valid for new memberships only, not valid for membership renewals. Limit 1 per person, may buy 1 additional as gift. Senior and veteran discounts do not apply to Groupon offer. Membership expires one year from activation date. All but $52 of the membership dues are tax-deductible. Promo codes not valid on this offer. Merchant is solely responsible to purchasers for the care and quality of the advertised goods and services. Offer is not eligible for our promo codes or other discounts.
About Intrepid Sea, Air & Space Museum
What's more impressive than the Lockheed A-12 Blackbird—the world's fastest spy plane? Or a guided missile submarine? Well, how about a space shuttle? At the Intrepid Sea, Air & Space Museum, visitors will find all of this amid more than two dozen authentically restored aircraft, including the British Airways Concorde, the fastest commercial aircraft to cross the Atlantic Ocean. Through exhibitions, educational programming, and the well-rounded collection of technologically groundbreaking aircraft and vessels, the nonprofit institution provides visitors of all ages with an interactive journey through history to learn about American innovation and bravery. Professional guided tours are available to enhance the experience.
- The Building: the aircraft carrier Intrepid, which withstood kamikaze attacks and a torpedo strike during World War II
- Size: the carrier's four decks take two to three hours to explore, unless you're visiting in an F-14 Tomcat
- Eye Catcher: Inside the Space Shuttle Pavilion, the gigantic shuttle Enterprise hovers above several space-themed exhibits.
- Permanent Mainstay: The American guided missile submarine Growler welcomes guests into its dining room, attack center, and torpedo room (where some of the crew also slept).
- Don't Miss: The Lockheed A-12 Blackbird spy plane, the world's fastest military jet with a top speed of 2,269 mph and cameras that could shoot pictures from 80,000 feet in the air.
- Limited Time: Kids Week features real scientists teaching attendees of the wonders of polar ice caps, expoplanets, and more; each day of the event has unique interactive displays and children's book authors.
- Hands-On Experience: Kids can climb into a helicopter and steer from an airplane's cockpit in Exploreum Hall.
- Pro Tip: Be sure to talk to the volunteers—many served aboard Intrepid or on other Navy ships.