What You'll Get
If your eyes are the windows to your soul, your teeth is the white-picket fence that protects the soul from oversized bites of taffy. Strengthen your defenses against attacks on the soul with today's Groupon to clean and healthy teeth. Get a full dental exam, x-rays, intra-oral photos, and a prophy teeth cleaning from Irena Vaksman, DDS, for $59.
Trained at NYU's College of Dentistry and fully licensed to perfect your pearly whites, Dr. Irena Vaksman makes visiting the dentist as comfortable as possible. From the cozy waiting area to the impeccably clean exam rooms, Dr. Vaksman's office reflects the same care and detail she has during your exam. You'll leave with teeth so squeaky clean that spinach will slide right over those crevices in which it normally hides and Milk Duds will be repelled from your molars by a force field of spotless shine.
Enjoy breathtaking views of the city skyline or distract yourself with movie goggles while Dr. Vaksman gets multi-angle views of your chompers with digital x-ray pictures. Digital x-rays minimize radiation exposure, and help Dr. Vaksman catch oral health problems before they become serious and before they start to cause you pain. By improving mouth health, you can improve overall health; research suggests a link between periodontal diseases and other chronic conditions, including diabetes, cardiovascular disease, and Alzheimer's.
Though reviews of dentists usually travel by word of mouth, some of Dr. Vaksman's patients were eager to lend testimonials on her website:
- Doctor Irena was so thorough with her evaluation. She spent an hour cleaning my teeth. I never had such and amazing cleaning! – Maya E.
- Generally I HATE dentists, but she made me feel comfortable and did everything possible to ensure my procedure was pain free. Very patient, calm, thorough and professional. – Biana F.
- The office is beyond clean. They offer you water and snacks when you come in, you can use the internet if there's a wait and you get the cutest dental goodie bag when you leave. Its [sic] basically a "dental spa." – Jessica R.
Sometimes being a great dentist isn't enough—you also need a gimmick. Here are some dentists who have stooped to gimmicky shticks to drum up business:
- James Darby, the Dentist of the Future: Dr. Darby claims to be from the year 3009, "Twelve years after the Saturn War." He came to our time to practice "future-dentalism," which uses non-invasive tools. Unfortunately, his instruments were damaged during time-flight, forcing him to practice what he calls "barbaric past-dentalism."
- Stand-Up Comedy Dentist Laura Van DeAbernos: As a stand-up comedian during the 1980s comedy boom and a 1991 graduate of the Palo Alto Dental Academy, Dr. Van DeAbernos seeks patients who want to hear jokes about in-laws and microwave dinners during appointments.
- Dr. Griffin, DDS: Rendered completely invisible after ingesting a mysterious serum, Dr. Griffin continued to run his Santa Fe dental clinic without interruption. While being invisible has drawn some curious onlookers, most of Dr. Griffin's patients appear to be drawn more to his friendly manner than to his lack of reflective surface properties.
Follow @Groupon_Says on Twitter.
The Fine Print
Promotional value expires Oct 7, 2010. Amount paid never expires. New patients only. Limit 1 per person. By appointment only. Merchant is solely responsible to purchasers for the care and quality of the advertised goods and services.
About Vaksman Dental Group
When it comes to patients, these San Francisco Dentists value their ability to provide education as well as a comfortable experience. The team of dentists and trained hygienists put visitors at ease by stocking the practice with an arsenal of cutting-edge medical technology—including digital x-ray technology and intra-oral cameras—as well as chair-side movie goggles to keep patients entertained. Additionally, Dr. Vaksman takes pains to ensure she's running an eco-friendly practice. That includes using computerized x-rays (to reduce radiation and eliminate film processing chemicals), maintaining a mercury-free setting, and giving trees a free checkup every Arbor Day.