What You'll Get
Choose Between Two Options
- $39 for One-way ride to or From Denver International Airport ($80 value)
- $65 for Round Trip to and from Denver International Airport ($160 value)
Four Things to Know About Traffic Congestion
Professional drivers know all sorts of secrets for getting places faster and avoiding traffic jams. To understand what they’re up against, check out Groupon’s look at traffic delays.
1. It doesn’t take much to start a traffic jam. Even on a straight highway with no accidents or construction, a single driver tapping the brake can create a stop-and-go wave. When vehicles enter the rear of a suddenly slowed traffic flow faster than cars at the front can accelerate back to regular speed, congestion ensues. These “phantom jams” have been documented stretching as far back as 50 miles and, once traffic reporters spread the word, can attract dozens of boombox-bearing ghosts.
2. On the flip side, you can do your part to prevent them. Through computer modeling of this scenario, MIT computer scientist Berthold Horn has found that phantom jams can be significantly reduced if drivers maintain an equal distance between the car in front of them and the car behind.
3. In the world’s most congested areas, at least you can enjoy the view. Traffic research firm Inrix releases an annual report on the worst spots for delays, and in 2014, tourist destinations Milan and Honolulu took top honors. Depending on the season, the average Honolulan loses three to five hours a month to jams. Why? One major factor is simply that it’s on an island, so there’s limited room for road systems to expand and relieve the pressure.
4. Don’t believe anyone who says Thanksgiving is the busiest traffic day of the year. There are typically five or more busier days during the summer, often Fridays when people are driving to weekend destinations to enjoy the warm weather or escape the ice-cream truck’s infernal tune.
The Fine Print
Promotional value expires 90 days after purchase. Amount paid never expires. Reservation required, 24hr advance notice required. Limit 1 per person, may buy 1 as gift. Limit 1 per visit. Valid only for option purchased. Not valid on Federal holidays or Sundays. Valid only within 20 miles of Denver International Airport from 80238, 80249 and 80207. Call before purchasing for availability to avoid overbookings. All goods or services must be used by the same person. Additional fees may apply for 20 miles outside of Denver International Airport. Each additional mile $2.50. Valid for luxury sedan that seats max 3 passengers. Luggage max: 2 large bags and 2 carry on bags. Merchant is solely responsible to purchasers for the care and quality of the advertised goods and services.
About IRide 24
The prompt and courteous chauffeurs at IRide 24 deliver passengers safely to destinations throughout greater Denver. They might scoop up passengers in a three-passenger sedan or a three-four passenger luxury sedan from the company fleet and then safely navigate all traffic while clients relax in style and comfort. Though the company makes its transportation services available for just about any need, popular destinations include Denver International Airport, the wedding altar, and ski resorts.