What You'll Get
Jump to: Reviews | Unpopular Tequilas
Today’s Groupon sides sizable sips and savories with the best view of what’s happening on Sixth Street. For $15, you’ll get $30 worth of contemporary Mexican tastes at Iron Cactus, an established eatery with three redeemable locations, more than 75 types of tequila, and an army of iron, cactus-shaped automatons waiting to serve and delight dinners.
A simple, made-from-scratch recipe is the secret to Iron Cactus’s famed margaritas. Swirl a blended original ($5.25 small, $7.50 regular) with Beso Del Sol Purees for an additional $.50, or upgrade to El Agave made with Margaritaville Silver and Cointreau ($8.75).
Start the eating portion off with the chile con queso, a melty mix of white cheese, green chiles, pico de gallo, and jalapeno peppers ($5.95). Dinner options include fajitas, burritos, and enchiladas. Entrees average $10–$18.
The tri-level downtown location features an expansive rooftop patio with prime city views. An illuminated patio, art-glass-adorned dining room, and swanky bar round out highlights for the northern Austin location. Its third location caters to southwestern areas including Lake Travis, Lakeway, and Spicewood, and follows suit with the signature playful décor.
Your Groupon is not valid during happy hour.
- Great margaritas, good food, cheap happy hour, and excellent service! – Margarita lover, Urbanspoon
- This place is located right in the middle of all the happenings, I enjoy the rooftop dining experience a lot as you can see what's going on on the busy 6th St and who's who in the restaurant itself. – coconino, Citysearch
- Love the menu, the ambience and the food. – FamilyOuting, TripAdvisor
Iron Cactus serves more than 75 types of tequila, but even that barely scratches the surface of the vast number of tequilas currently being produced. Here are some of the tequilas you won’t find at Iron Cactus:
- Astronaut’s Friend Freeze Dried Tequila
- Malcolm-Jamal Warner’s Signature Tequila: The Tequila That Is In No Way Affiliated With or Endorsed By Cosby Show Star Malcolm-Jamal Warner
- Smiling Goat Tequila-Like Inebriating Semi-Solid
- Man’s Best Friend Tequila for Dogs
- Freaky Skull Tequila, the tequila that retains the shape of a skull even when poured
Follow @Groupon_Says on Twitter.
The Fine Print
Promotional value expires Mar 14, 2010. Amount paid never expires. Limit 1 per person. May purchase 1 additional as gift. Limit 1 per table. Not valid with other offers. Not valid during Happy Hour. Not valid 12/31 or 2/12-2/14. No cash back. Tax & gratuity not included. Merchant is solely responsible to purchasers for the care and quality of the advertised goods and services.