All reviews are from people who have redeemed deals with this merchant.
What You'll Get
Jump to: Reviews | Blind-Date Survival: Merman Edition
Today’s Groupon gives you the opportunity to discover the Miami coastline the way Ponce de León did 500 years ago, when the mists of the open sea parted to reveal the glittering shores of Millionaire’s Row and Shaq's old mansion. For $40, you get two tickets for a 90-minute sightseeing cruise from Island Queen Cruises, plus $35 worth of waterfront dining before or after your cruise at Tradewinds Waterfront Bar & Grill (an up to $85 total value). The ship sets sail from Bayside Marketplace every hour from 11 a.m. to 7 p.m. every day of the week and every week of the year. The only exception is Christmas Eve, when the last boat leaves the dock at 4 p.m. because Santa says so.
The bi-level sea vessel provides 90 minutes of dolphin’s-eye views of the city. See the skyline, Fisher Island, Miami Beach, and Millionaire’s Row from the comforts of this floating chariot. Each boat features an air-conditioned lower deck to encapsulate heat-sensitive captivators and an open-air top deck to properly soak up some salty ocean air, also known as Sailor's Delight and Seal Brew. If your journey is a family adventure, kids 4 to 12 years old can sail for $17, and landlubbers under 4 can earn their sea legs free of charge. There is also a full cash bar with a small number of snacks available, but be sure to save most of your stomach space for lunch or dinner at Tradewinds.
Tradewinds is also conveniently located inside Bayside Marketplace and features a menu filled mostly with seafood and landmeat selections. Grab a couple of sandwiches like the Tradewinds burger (10 ounces of ground sirloin, seasoned and topped with lettuce and tomato, $10) or the grouper sandwich with lettuce and tomato ($12). Keep it fresh with seafood selections such as the snapper filet ($24) or Florida lobster tail ($28). There are more vegetable-heavy salads and pasta dishes available as well.
This two-part deal gives you the chance to spend the day soaking up rays, filets, and bays while seeing your city from its best angle. Go on a date for two with your lover, spouse, or favorite football mascot, or invite along your arch-nemesis. Even Dr. Destructo will have to agree that the only thing nicer than an afternoon on the water is eating a delicious dinner next to the water.
- It was a great way to see what Miami is about and learn a little about the city. The staff was friendly and professional. Would definitely [sic] recommend it to tourists; especially if you're short on time in Miami. – Carm&Rico, TripAdvisor
- This was a fun way to spend 90 minutes… enough daylight to see most of the celebrity houses (it had gotten quite dark by the time we got to Shaq's house). The coolest part is seeing the city lit up at night. – Shore_Lucky, TripAdvisor
- A life-long Miamian I'd taken a similar tour once before and I strongly believe that everyone should take one of these once during their time in Miami, if for nothing more than fact learning and sight seeing. – Maria A., Yelp
Blind-Date Survival: Merman Edition
88 Tradewinds Waterfront Bar & Grill is the perfect location for a blind date, especially if your well-meaning sister neglected to tell you that her “super cool friend from work” was also a Merman. Don’t panic! You might actually charm him into divulging some of the secrets of the briny deep:
- Ocean is getting really gentrified.
- Pollution and overfishing actually not as big a problem as people skipping stones, which really stings.
- Story of The Little Mermaid a total fabrication, except for the “Under The Sea” song, which is performed every morning at 11:30 a.m.
- Atlantis is not only real, but one of hundreds of submerged lost kingdoms, including Althamea, Aquapolis and Calgary.
- Whales are actually dumb as rocks.
Follow @Groupon_Says on Twitter.
The Fine Print
Promotional value expires Jun 7, 2010. Amount paid never expires. Good only for Sightseeing Cruise. Not valid with other offers. Must use both tickets at the same time. Must redeem meal voucher on the same day. Tax & gratuity not included at Tradewinds Waterfront Bar & Grill. Merchant is solely responsible to purchasers for the care and quality of the advertised goods and services.