Born as an American state in August of ’59, Hawaii is currently celebrating its 50th year as a well-tanned, tax-paying body. Today’s Groupon helps you celebrate with $20 worth of islandized barbecue bites and sips at Island Style Café for $10. If international zoning laws won’t allow you to send your body on vacation in three separate suitcases, then you may as well supply your mouth with a paradise retreat.
The Island Style Café menu features delicious Hawaiian breakfasts, lunches, and suppers. Start your day with the provocative Kohala, which marries scrambled eggs with ham, turkey, and cheese in a delightful crêpe wrap topped with hollandaise—a chipper breakfast during the holidays ($8.75). For lunch, send your tongue surfing a wave of meat lover’s kalbi barbecue mix of Korean beef shortribs, barbecue chicken, and Teriyaki beef ($10.25), or chill it out poolside with the coconut shrimp salad served with homemade papaya-seed dressing ($10.25). The Paradise Burger (served with a teriyaki glaze and fresh pineapple, $8.95) always pairs well with a blazing sunset.
Island Style is more refined, confident, and brightly colored than competing Archipelago-Style, Fjord-Chic, and Peninsula-Old School styles, and Island Style Café’s charming and intimate interior will help reset your internal clock to island time. Bring a friend and you can ponder island-temporal paradoxes together, such as "If I went back in time to watch episodes of Dallas with my grandfather, would I ride a couple waves and chill in the hammock first, then forget to do it?"
- Awesome food. U have to check it out! – Jnet, Urbanspoon
- If you can't make it to Hawaii, take a trip here and at least get a taste of what local cuisine is like on the islands. – Zachary K., Yelp
- This place has great authentic hawaiian plate lunches. Also, their shaved ice is the best I've been able to find outside of Hawaii. – d k., Yelp
Live Like You Live On An Island
Living island-style is about more than just eating great barbecue; it’s a mindset that can lead to a life free of stress, worries, and finishing second in personal-hygiene competitions. To reap the benefits of island-style living, follow these easy steps to transform your life, island-style:
- Replace your bed and chairs with hammocks made out of common island materials such as rare diamonds, Easter butter lambs, and ukuleles.
- Convert your car’s combustion engine into a fuel system that only runs when a Jimmy Buffett song is playing.
- Listen to traditional island music performed by famous island pediatric surgeon and part-time tiki statue C. Everett Koop.
- Switch to island lingo by ending sentences with the popular island expression “Stop taking photos of my wife.”
Follow @Groupon_Says on Twitter.
5950 Santo Rd
San Diego, California 92124Get Directions