What You'll Get
Today’s side deal offers video game enthusiasts a show worth losing a few extra lives for: Video Games Live, a performance with the Indianapolis Symphony Orchestra on August 7 at 7:30 p.m. Choose from three seating options in the Conseco Fieldhouse:
- $12 for club-level seats (up to a $24 value)
- $17 for lower-level seats (up to a $34 value)
- $23 for floor-level seats (up to a $46 value)
Created by video game composer Tommy Tallarico, Video Games Live aims to support video game culture by applying its own concert-style interpretation to some of history’s most popular video games. As enormous screens play footage from Final Fantasy, Halo, the Mario series, Pong, and other favorites that date back to the beginning of the Industrial Revolution, the orchestra blasts through instrumental arrangements of well-known theme songs that can be appreciated by gamers and non-gamers alike. Brilliant lights busily puncture the animated air while conductor Emmanuel Fratianni leads the Orchestra and choir members through a score of creative covers. The show, which lasts about two and a half hours, includes an interactive Guitar Hero segment where the lucky champion of the pre-show competition will get the chance to perform onstage. Check out the PBS special to whet your appetite.
- Tommy Tallarico and Jack Wall, the video-game music composers who created and direct “Video Games Live,” put on a captivating, proudly bombastic show. – Seth Schiesel, New York Times
10Best lists the Indianapolis Symphony Orchestra as one of the best performing-arts attractions in the area:
- The magnificent Indianapolis Symphony Orchestra, founded in 1930, has delighted millions with its musical excellence…They not only strive to please adults who appreciate fine music, but also to educate and entertain children of all ages in regards to the world of the symphony. – 10Best
The Fine Print
Promotional value expires Aug 7, 2010. Amount paid never expires. Limit 8 per person. Valid only for seating option purchased. No cash back. Not valid with other offers. Merchant is solely responsible to purchasers for the care and quality of the advertised goods and services.