Pull on your Italy-shaped boots and uncomfortably walk to Italian Bistro of Center City. With today's Groupon, $20 gets you $40 worth of pasta, wine, and laid-back romance at Italian Bistro. A delicious meal at Italian Bistro is the perfect warm up for an evening juggling show or an afternoon stroll through Center City, which used to be the Nutella Crêpe District, formerly the Dojo District, which used to be the Euchre District. Or hit up the charming, casual bistro for lunch with friends and potential collaborators for your proposed comic book property Mantis Shack.
Italian Bistro's menu is chock-full of Italian favorites. For a decadent midday bite, try the Tuscan white bean soup ($6), insalata cesarina (hearts of romaine tossed with homemade Caesar dressing and croutons; $7), or grilled salmon sandwich (herb-encrusted grilled salmon with avocado, roma tomato, cucumber, applewood smoked bacon, and lemon aioli on grilled rustic bread; $11). For dinner, start off with sinful mushrooms campagna (baked cremini mushrooms stuffed with sweet and spicy sausage, cheese, and spinach, topped with bechamel sauce; $8) before coating your stomach in a blanket of old-world flavor with ravioli di mamma (topped with choice of tomato-basil sauce, butter-sage and parmigiano reggianato, or Tuscan meat sauce; $14) or chicken parmigiana (with tomato and fresh mozzarella, served with spaghetti pomodoro; $16). Treat someone you want to impress, like Santa or Harrison Ford, to the savory lobster ravioli (stuffed with Maine lobster, tomato and ricotta, in lobster cognac cream sauce with baby shrimp and asparagus; $18) and one of Italian Bistro's wines ($7–$14 a glass). The prompt and friendly servers are happy to suggest a wine to perfectly pair with your meal or living-room color scheme.
Italian Bistro's relaxed atmosphere and intoxicating aromas make it the perfect place to use your nose in a relaxed atmosphere. Call or make your reservations online for any day of the week to enjoy the succulent feast among pleased theater-goers and Center City regulars.
- The atmosphere is excellent and the staff is so friendly and on the ball. Not to mention that food is very good and reasonably priced. We will definitely dine there again! – someoneswt, Citysearch
- The food was wonderful and our server was friendly and attentive. The atmosphere was conducive to taking your time eating and having good conversation. – jonah22, Citysearch
- the food was great, priced reasonable and the service was quick enough to get a nice meal before seeing a show. – glongo2000, Citysearch
Mi Casa, Your Funeral
The earliest Parisian bistros evolved out of room-and-board scenarios, where homeowners opened their kitchens to the public to make additional income. While the bistro was an enormous success, many modern home businesses fail. Here are the most recent failed attempts:
- Grandma Clementine’s Bed and Breakfast and Lecture About What You’re Doing With Your Life (New Haven, Connecticut)
- Rich Payfort’s Trunk Full’a Pogs (Michigan City, Indiana)
- Castle Franken-murder’s Video Game Trade & Save (Romania)
- “Doctor” Pigskin’s Emergency and Rec Room (St. Paul, Minnesota)
- Escaped Uncle Darryl’s “Your-Face-Literally-On-a-T-Shirt” (mobile kiosk, check local listings)
Follow @Groupon_Says on Twitter.
211 S Broad St
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19107Get Directions