- $10 for a beer tasting with two pints and a flight of six 4-ounce beers ($20 value)
- See the list of beers.
J Wells Brewery
The smallest nanobrewery in Boulder, J Wells Brewery is a one-man, three-pony-keg operation run by Jamie Wells. At his garage-based brewery, Jamie brews multiple beer styles, but specializes in pale ales, IPAs, and proper pints of british bitter ales, best enjoyed when saying “proper pint” in a faux-British accent five times fast.
Beer lovers can come by the taproom to enjoy tastes from the nine regularly rotating taps while taking in views of the Boulder flatirons from the porch on warm days. Tours are available upon request, and Jamie is always willing to tackle questions about the differences between American- and British-style beers.
A Sampling of Jamie's Brews
- Jamie’s Pale Ale: light orange in color, this hoppy pale ale packs in citrus flavors (5% ABV)
- Hop Haze: made using "hop bursting," this imperial IPA has a long, citrus finish (9% ABV)
- Jr Haze IPA: a strong, grapefruit-infused IPA (6% ABV)
- Honey Biscuit Amber: an easy-drinking amber ale with a hint of honey, served in summer (5.1% ABV)
- J Wells Chocolate Milk Stout: made with a blend of American and British malts, this session beer is a mildly sweet, chocolaty stout with a rich, creamy flavor (5% ABV)
- Niad: a Northern English brown, made with 100% British malt and hops for a smooth mouthfeel and finish (4.5% ABV)