Menus are laminated to prevent staining from diners’ spilled coffee or attempts to pen “lobster” into every item’s description. Get the dish you really want with today’s Groupon at Jack Dempsey’s Restaurant.
$15 for $30 worth of seafood, steak, and drinks
- Choose from menu options such as:
- Stuffed flounder ($18.95)
- Rib-eye surf ‘n’ turf ($21.95–$31.95)
- Fried frog legs platter ($16.95)
- Baked mac ‘n’ cheese ($4.95)
- Po boy and salad lunch specials Tuesday–Friday ($8.95–$12.95)
- Sangria ($7/glass), beer ($2.75–$3.75), and wine ($5/glass) <p>
Jack Dempsey's Restaurant
On a residential street near the river, a little white cottage with a hand-painted sign hosts heaping platters of crustaceans, catfish, rib-eye steaks, and creamy Southern sides. Creamy baked macaroni and potato salad escort fried redfish, frog legs, and soft-shell crab from a kitchen praised by Lonely Planet as "working in its own rarefied air," with each dish ceremonially blessed by a mermaid. Tuesday through Friday, lunch specials pack salads and po boys with oysters and shrimp. A glass of sangria from the bar offers a refreshingly fruity counterpoint to the flavors of the sea.