Choose Between Two Options
- $25 for a one-year Supporter membership for one ($50 value)
- $50 for a one-year Advocate membership for one ($100 value)
The membership levels account for different donations to the James River Association (JRA), a member-supported nonprofit organization. Each membership includes the following:
- Member card
- Member decal for a car or home
- Tidings newsletter
- Invitations to events including the annual meeting and Westover Lawn Party
- Monthly email updates from the RiverWatch e-newsletter
- News about the river, volunteer opportunities, and river-related events
- Personal satisfaction of knowing you’re helping protect America’s Founding River
When they present their card, members also receive discounts of up to 20% from the JRA partners listed here. Those who live in the James River watershed can become a certified JRA River Hero Home to receive discounts at area nurseries and lawn and garden centers.
James River Association
In 1607, the banks of the James River hosted the site of the first permanent English settlement in the Americas. Over four centuries later, a third of Virginia's population lives along the James and its tributaries, depending on it for water, recreation, and other uses.
The nonprofit James River Association helps Virginians understand their roles as de facto river stewards. As its education programs emphasize, locals can improve the river even through small gestures, like recycling or fertilizing sans chemicals, to sustain it for the enjoyment of future generations. To complement these outreach programs, the association's team also leads trash-cleanup and habitat-restoration efforts when they're not advocating for conservation and environmentally friendly development before legislators.