During noninvasive treatments, technicians use a Cutera ProWave laser system to inhibit follicular growth, incurring minimal discomfort
About This Deal
Dear Patients, due to the COVID-19 Virus and the ever-changing guidelines, we will reframe from offering laser hair removal services to the FACE/NECK to unvaccinated patients in an effort to protect our patients, staff, and equipment. Please inform our office at the time of your scheduled appointment regarding your vaccine status.
- View valid treatment areas.
- Click here for answers to frequently asked questions about laser hair-removal.
- The Cutera ProWave laser system noninvasively treats a wide range of skin types, typically beating back advancing waves of hair after three to six sessions.
- Also used is Cynosure’s Elite MPX laser with MultiPlex technology, which sequentially delivers Alex and YAG to provide treatments that are faster and more effective than single-wavelength treatments. The combined wavelengths provide greater flexibility for lighter and darker skin types, meaning greater customization for each patient.
- Although treatments are relatively painless, they might cause a mild stinging or pinching feeling, for which topical anesthetics are available.
- Janelle MediSpa is open Monday thru Thursday from 8:30am to 11:30am
Need To Know
About Janelle MediSpa
Dr. Debra A. Coats-Walton—a native Washingtonian, a Georgetown University–trained physician, and a board-certified dermatologist with a tsunami of credentials—balances the candlelit serenity of a spa with medical-grade beautifying techniques. Addressing a wide spectrum of cosmetic issues, the good doctor puts her hours spent studying aesthetic laser technology, liposuction, and dermal fillers to practice, and she has designed a signature line of physician-grade skincare products.
Smartlipo surgeries contour silhouettes by liquefying fat deposits with controlled pulses of laser light energy, an improvement over traditional, less-effective lipo that uses a witch doctor to chant fat away. On the other end of the spectrum, a number of FDA-approved injectable treatments add volume to cheekbones and smooth away fine lines.
Because she splits her time as an attending physician at Washington Hospital Center, she put together a team of health-care professionals and technicians to man Cutera and Fraxel laser systems. The laser treatments can zap away rogue hairs, firm skin tone, or diminish the appearance of blemishes, sun damage, and semipermanent clown makeup. Additionally, the staff mollycoddles frazzled bodies with traditional spa services, including custom facials and massages with warm essential oils.