All reviews are from people who have redeemed deals with this merchant.
October 1, 2015
July 20, 2015
July 15, 2015
What You'll Get
Jump to: Reviews
If today's main deal requires too many decisions, sample the sea's frisky foodstuffs for $35 with a carefully calibrated five-course meal ($75 value) at Japon Bistro, the Pasadena eatery that Citysearch named one of the Best LA Sushi Restaurants in 2007 and Zagat rated "very good to excellent."
The dinner will include appetizers, sushi, and cooked dishes—each paired with one of Japon Bistro's renowned sakes by the bistro's sake-savvy staff. Call ahead to schedule your meal and find out what Japon's seasoned chef plans on culling from the menu for five courses of imaginative Japanese gourmandizing.
Japon Bistro is closed for dinner on Mondays.
- This stylish little dining room attracts a diverse clientele, from multigenerational Japanese families to artsy couples. Owner Koji hits the fish market most days, and his chefs create imaginative sushi concoctions… – Los Angeles Magazine
- Unheralded Japon Bistro is a pleasant discovery, offering a menu of contemporary Japanese dishes and deftly prepared sushi dispensed from a sturdy, polished wood bar. – Gayot
- I am somewhat of a sushi snob, and I have to say that this is fresh! The service was wonderful, and the atmosphere was inviting. – calisto22, Citysearch
- We were blown away by this restaurant last night. The sushi was spectacular as was the service. Everything was top notch. The only place I've had sushi as good cost about 250 dollars a person. – brad067, Citysearch
- The [sushi and sashimi] taste was extremely clean and sweet and the fish prepared and sliced to perfectly accentuate its taste and texture… I honestly believe this is the best sushi I have had within the continental United States. – KarenY, Urbanspoon
The Fine Print
Promotional value expires Jan 13, 2011. Amount paid never expires. Limit 1 per person. May buy multiple as gifts. Reservation required. Dine-in only. 1 Groupon needed for each person at table. Not valid with other offers. Tax and gratuity not included. Merchant is solely responsible to purchasers for the care and quality of the advertised goods and services.
About Japon Bistro
Fresh, flavorful sushi is only half of the story at Japon Bistro. The other? Carefully paired pours from an artisan assortment of sake, stocked by owner and sake expert Clarence Wong, also known as Koji. His seasonal selections complement unique rolls, such as the spicy, jalapeno and-salmon-filled Southwest, or the New Age, featuring tuna, salmon, and albacore topped with a secret-recipe sauce. A selection of noodles and teriyaki entrees satisfy diners who prefer their raw food cooked. The drinks and dishes unite to create a dining experience that has won a recommendation from the Michelin Guide, and been named amongst the area's best by Citysearch.com and Pasadena Magazine.