Native guides lead 90-minute tours on a spacious boat through bayous and swamplands, encountering alligators and other wildlife
About This Deal
On the 90-minute guided boat tours, passengers learn about (and glimpse) local wildlife such as alligators, egrets, and nutria. Tours unfold on comfortable, covered boats with bathrooms on board.
- Availability: Daily
- Duration: 1 hour 30 minutes
- Departure ime: 10 a.m., 12 p.m., 2 p.m., and 4 p.m. (seasonal)
- Pick-Up Time: 8:30 a.m., 10:30 a.m., 12:30 p.m., 2:30 p.m. (seasonal)
- Drive-up: see map for directions
- To arrange round trip transportation from hotels, call 504-689-4186
Jean Lafitte Swamp Tours’ COVID-19 Precautions
- Precautions will be put in place once open:
- Sanitizing stations available to all guests
- Guests required to maintain social distancing at all times
All surfaces thoroughly sanitized between each tour
- Note that state and local guidelines are changing regularly. Please check Jean Lafitte Swamp Tours’ website or contact them for their latest guidelines.
Need To Know
About Jean Lafitte Swamp Tours
Twenty-five minutes south of New Orleans on the closest swamp tour to downtown, the native Lafitte Captains of Jean Lafitte Swamp Tours guide memorable expeditions deep into the swamps and bayous of Louisiana Cajun Country. They maneuver swamp boats through brackish water and groves of mossy cypress trees, pointing out alligators, snakes, birds and other wildlife along the way. They would know—they're not only New Orleans locals, they're experienced enough to count as locals in the National Wildlife Preserve where the tours take place.