|_Jump to: Reviews||Premium Denim Certification Process_|
If you’re a fan of premium denim, today’s Groupon is a pretty sweet deal for you. If you’re less than thrilled about pouring hundreds of dollars into a pair of jeans, this Groupon can give you your chance to experience designer fabrics and cuts without draining your bank account. For just $50, you get $125 at Jean Therapy, one of Boston’s hottest jeans boutiques, located a block from the Kenmore Green Line T stop in the Hotel Commonwealth at 524 Commonwealth Ave.
Owner Leah Eckelberger opened Jean Therapy to create a more enjoyable, even therapeutic (hence the name) experience for denim shoppers. She painstakingly chooses each brand and style, focusing on newer, lesser-known premium denim brands such as Pistachio and Red Engine. She also stocks favorites, including Seven for All Mankind and Citizens for Humanity. And the denim isn’t reserved for just the ladies: Jean Therapy won Boston magazine’s Best of Boston 2008 Men’s Jeans Award.
Fans of the boutique say Eckelberger knows her stuff when it comes to premium denim. Walk into Denim Therapy with your Groupon and Eckelberger or any of her über-knowledgeable staff members will help you determine the right brand, size, style, and color for you. Walk out with a pair of jeans that fits well and will last for years. You’re probably not the only one you know who could use a great-fitting pair of pants that can survive a nuclear holocaust, so get friends to join today’s Groupon.
Premium Denim Certification Process
Before a pair of jeans receives premium denim certification, it must undergo a series of scientific tests designed to expose the most subtle flaw:
- Beat denim with a baseball bat.
- Beat denim with a baseball bat made out of cement.
- Beat denim with a hammer.
- Beat denim with a baseball bat that has a hammer attached to the end with duct tape.
- Beat denim with duct tape.
Yelpers have nice things to say about Jean Therapy, giving it three stars:
- Finally took the plunge into designer jeans last week and had a FABULOUS first-time experience at Jean Therapy! – Bex G.
- I had an amazing experience at Jean Therapy yesterday. I had the pleasure of working with Leah (owner) and she totally gets it. She’s completely honest, helpful, knowledgeable, sweet, sassy, dedicated and not at all pushy/salesy!!! – Maegen R.
- (The owner) will hook you up like never seen before. She knows way way more about jeans than anyone i’ve ever met, or am likely to meet. She’ll size you up, give you good recs, and all around treat you like royalty. – David D.