What You'll Get
Sample a bevy of upscale eats with today’s side deal: for $20, you get $40 worth of sustainable fare and drinks at Johannes Restaurant. A food purchase must be made in order to use this Groupon toward alcoholic beverages.
Whipping up a variety of grandiose and impeccably presented dishes, Johannes Restaurant infuses its fare with only the highest-quality components. Diners can savor each mouthwatering bite with a clear conscience knowing that the top-notch cuisine is prepared with sustainable ingredients that are never frozen or stored in a bear cave. The menu is eclectic, and includes vegetarian and vegan options as well.
Percolate palates with offerings such as Thai curry ($19), wiener schnitzel with roasted parslied potatoes ($22), Japanese spice-crusted seared rare ahi ($21), and sautéed veal liver with apples and onions ($19). Patrons can warm up taste buds with expertly crafted martinis, such as the Ecu with cucumber-infused vodka and cucumber spear ($10). The vast wine list features choices such as a six-ounce glass of the 2005 Alexander Valley Stonestreet Chardonnay ($15). While sipping, subconsciously soak in the interior's soothing pastel hues and flawlessly presented tables.
Johannes Restaurant has received extensive press coverage, including a feature by the New York Times. Zagat rates the food a 25. Nearly 100 OpenTable reviewers give it an average of 4.2 stars. Yelpers give it a four-star average, and more than 80 TripAdvisors give it a 4.5-owl-eye average:
- [O]ne of the best dishes is also the most traditional: a heaping plate of Wiener schnitzel with parsley potatoes, cucumber salad and cranberry compote. – Erica Cerulo, New York Times
- Interesting, inventive Austrian-influenced cooking in a clean, blond-wood space. – DavidB997722, Zagat
- A great experience and incredible schnitzel! – OpenTable reviewer who dined on 07/02/2010
- It [sic] always creative and not expensive. I don't know what Palm Springs would do without it. – FondaTravel, TripAdvisor
- It is a must try for the best schnitzel you have ever had! – JD L., Yelp
The Fine Print
Promotional value expires Feb 6, 2011. Amount paid never expires. Limit 2 per person, may buy 3 additional as gifts. Limit 1 per table. Must use in 1 visit. Must purchase at least 1 food item with alcoholic drinks. Tax & gratuity not included. Not valid with other offers. Merchant is solely responsible to purchasers for the care and quality of the advertised goods and services.