Choose Between Two Options
- $14 for two bags of jerky ($20 value)
- $28 for four bags of jerky ($40 value)
Choose from beef, turkey, or vegan jerky made from marinated cactus leaves.
Kids are brutally honest, and Jonathan—a.k.a. the JoJo that JoJo's Jerky is named after—was no different. His family friend Hans Hippert frequently brought JoJo his homemade beef jerky to try. Using JoJo's criticism, Hans refined his recipe until he got it right, then in 2012, he opened up his own jerky business named in honor of his No. 1 taster.
In the years since, the jerky joint has added several locations and new products, such as dry rubs, marinades, and seasoned nuts. And Hans has gone beyond his original jerky recipe to create myriad flavors, all of which are made with all-natural ingredients that are often organic and locally sourced, made without of the use of the preservatives and chemicals that allow lesser jerky to sit for ages on convenience store shelves, silently judging the contents of passing shopping carts. Read on to learn about a few of the tasty varieties:
- Original pepper beef jerky: Like the others, the jerky that started it all is made with premium cuts of sirloin steak, and it features flavors of hickory smoke and freshly cracked black pepper.
- Teriyaki turkey jerky: These tender morsels of all-natural turkey breast are seasoned with fresh garlic, soy, and brown ginger for a sweet teriyaki that's low in sodium.
- Chipotle barbecue beef jerky: The jerky's initial sweetness is the result of local desert honey and molasses, whereas its spicy finish comes from garlic, onions, and hatch and chipotle peppers.
- Vegan jerky: As tender and chewy as any meat jerky, the vegan jerky is made from fresh-picked cactus leaves soaked in an all-natural marinade.