The San Francisco Food Safari offers you the chance to explore the city's neighborhoods in-depth and discover the best cuisine each area has to offer. This 2.5-hour tour focuses on the North Beach neighborhood, where Chef Joseph will offer his knowledge and insights on the top places to eat as well as the history and culture of the area. You'll have the chance to purchase whatever you'd like throughout this shopping tour, which takes you to Mara's Italian Pastries, Liguria Bakery, Molinari Deli and beyond. Each tour ends with a picnic lunch made up of the delicious treats you've purchased along the way. Chef Joseph began his culinary career at San Francisco's legendary Salmagundi. He was also the food critic at the Orange County and Long Beach Blade and IN Los Angeles magazines, has written food articles for magazines, worked as a caterer, taught cooking classes and is working on a book titled Created in California: The Golden State's Gifts to Gastronomy.
Please note that tastings are not included. Food must be purchased separately by guests along the way.
Stops (subject to change) include:
* Mara’s Italian Pastries (famous for their cannolis).
* Little City Market (purveyors of the San Francisco’s best Sicilian sausage).
* Victoria Pastry Co. (A San Francisco favorite since 1914).
* Molinari Deli (A real old-fashioned Italian deli, one of the few left in San Francisco. Find out why their sandwiches are legendary).
* Café Trieste (San Francisco’s most famous coffee house and home to the Beat Generation).
* Tony’s (A slice of New York in San Francisco, one of the only places you can get pizza cooked in coal-fired ovens).
* Liguria Bakery (find out why people line up early for their legendary focaccia).
* And much more!
The running time for this tour is approximately 2.5 hours.
Intersection of Filbert and Stockton
San Francisco, CA 94133Get Directions