Subtlety is a hallmark of brilliant art, whether it's the hint of a smile on the Mona Lisa or the cow on a motorcycle in the background of American Gothic. Dive into the details with this Groupon.
$30 for a One-Year Family Art Museum Membership ($60 Value)
Family memberships are valid for two adults and their dependent children younger than 18. Membership includes:
- Free unlimited admission to ticketed exhibitions, including Poseidon and the Sea (sculpture and artifacts) and Andy Warhol in Living Color (contemporary prints), both opening in 2014
- Guests of members receive discounts on exhibition tickets on advertised days
- Invitations to members-only exhibition opening events
- Subscription to the quarterly members' magazine
- Early entry for select public events
- 10% discount at Café Durham and the Hitchcock Museum Shop
- Discounts on classes, lectures, and other events and programs
- Subscription discounts for national and international art magazines
- Subscription to NOW, Joslyn's member magazine
- Monthly newsletter
- Personalized membership cards
Joslyn Art Museum
When Joslyn Art Museum opened in 1931, more than 25,000 people lined up to see the exhibits. It had taken three years of construction and $3 million to create the splendid art-deco building, which was inlaid with more than 38 types of marble imported from around the world. The force behind this enormous effort was philanthropist Sarah Joslyn, who had the building built in honor of her late husband. But instead of standing front and center, Sarah quietly mixed in with the crowd. "I am just one of the public," she said to people who recognized her.
Sarah truly viewed the Museum as a gift to the people of Omaha. With the 58,000-square-foot addition of the Walter & Suzanne Scott Pavilion, a sculpture garden, and other enhancements, the Museum has grown with time. Visitors today find more than 11,000 works of art inside, with collections and exhibitions that include pieces of ancient Greek pottery, Renaissance and Baroque paintings by Titian and El Greco, and Impressionist works by Camille Pissarro, Pierre-Auguste Renoir, and Claude Monet.
After admiring the peasant portraiture of 19th-century French realist Jules Breton, guests can cartwheel over to a collection of 18th- and 19th-century American artwork, which includes portraits by James Peale and landscape images by Thomas Cole. Pieces from the 20th-century from artists such as Grant Wood transition visitors into viewings of more contemporary works or attempts to find a 3-D Magic Eye picture in Jackson Pollock's Galaxy.
96% of 25 customers recommend
“Great experience, we loved it!”
“Wonderful museum right here in Onaha. Great programs!”
“Joslyn members get into the special exhibits for free! "Go West" opens this weekendsign up for a free public docent-guided tour!”