What You'll Get
Choose from Three Options
- $39 for cleaning of 10 windows ($170 value)
- $49 for cleaning of 15 windows ($255 value)
- $59 for cleaning of 20 windows ($340 value)
Four Things to Know About Window Washing
Getting spotless windows isn’t always as simple as spritz and wipe. Read on to learn what the pros do to get that clean shine.
1. Some DIY window-cleaning techniques can actually make your windows dirtier. When you rub at a window with paper towels, you’re not just pushing around grime—you’re creating a static charge on the glass, which can pull in dust particles whenever they float within range. Professionals use a squeegee in part because its rubber blade is such a poor conductor.
2. Don’t judge window washers by the amount of suds—or even elbow grease—they use. The more suds in the bucket, the likelier it is that residue will stay behind. And, with a good soap there’s no need to scrub hard. In fact, using too much pressure or the wrong tools could scratch the glass by rubbing in dirt particles. A light touch with a soft cloth applicator works best.
3. Don’t worry if the sun’s not out when the cleaners show up. It might seem counterintuitive, but cloudy days can be best for getting your windows completely transparent. The heat of straight-on sunlight can cause cleaning solution to dry too quickly, leaving spots and streaks that can make the job take longer. Plus, glare from glass can impair vision, making it harder to spot stains or the reflection of a child about to launch a balloon filled with paint.
4. The stuff in the bucket may vary. It’s common for even professional window washers to use dishwashing liquid; after all, if it can get drinking glasses flawlessly clean, it can do the same for window glass. But, different companies prefer different products. Some add in ammonia, which cuts through the kind of grease-based stains left by human hands, and others use a commercial foaming solvent, which stays in place rather than dripping.
The Fine Print
Promotional value expires 120 days after purchase. Amount paid never expires. Valid only within 40 miles of zip code 60133. Appointment required. Limit 1 per person, may buy 1 additional as gift. Limit 1 per household. Valid only for option purchased. All goods or services must be used by the same person. 24hr cancellation notice. Additional $7.50 per French Pane. Merchant is solely responsible to purchasers for the care and quality of the advertised goods and services.