All reviews are from people who have redeemed deals with this merchant.
What You'll Get
Jump to: Reviews | Alternate Uses for Waxed-Away Hairs
Today's Groupon brings back a popular business of yester-deal: $50 buys you $100 worth of waxing and tinting services at the lovely Juko Nail & Skin Rescue in Wicker Park. Juko will take care of whichever part of you could use a little less hair with the wax treatment royale. Waxing services start at $10—for the hair on your chinny chin chin—and go up from there. With this deal, you may have part of your Groupon left over for tinting ($25 value), a new service offered at Juko, which dyes your eyelashes to make them look darker and thicker, liberating you from the smudgy oppression of mascara.
Since opening, Juko has quickly gained a reputation as one of the friendliest, most pleasurable spas in town and on Earth, the American planet. Whether it’s Juko's owner, Okcha, adorably fishing your keys out of your pocket for you so you don't mar a freshly painted nail, or the great background music that sets a light tone, the details at Juko all add up to the perfect experience.
Bring friends, snacks, and a bottle of wine and make it a girls' day out (call for reservations). With Okcha and her team of friendly technicians, the great style and guiltless self-pampering will make you feel as if you're in an episode of Sex & the City (as many online reviewers will testify to). Get your Groupon, grab your girlfriends, and head to Juko.
Juko gets a well-polished 4.5 stars on Yelp:
- The owner was very attentive and went above and beyond to make us feel welcome and have a good time. – Sonja B.
- Juko Nail & Skin Rescue is awesome!...Even though there were about 9 other clients in the place, the owner showed me to my seat for the pedicure right after the wax and offered me a bottled water. – Stephanie M.
- I've been going to Juko for about 5 months now and I can say without reservation that this is the best mani/pedi experience I have ever had. Most importantly, the nail techs and estheticians are experienced and friendly. – Jordan R.
Alternate Uses for Waxed-Away Hairs
After your wax, don’t let your waxing technician simply throw away your cast-off hair. Instead, save waxed hairs and reuse them in one of these handy ways:
- Securely package valuable artifacts for shipping.
- Weave them together to make low-tensile strength lassos.
- Put them under your pillow for luck or under your car to prevent hurricanes.
- Weird Bill pines for you so, just give ‘em to him.
Follow @Groupon_Says on Twitter.
The Fine Print
Promotional value expires Sep 25, 2010. Amount paid never expires. Limit 1 per person. May purchase multiple as gifts. Cannot be combined with any other offers. Cannot use Dec 21-Jan 1. Can use over multiple visits or bring a friend Merchant is solely responsible to purchasers for the care and quality of the advertised goods and services.