Young, precocious artists may occasionally stray from mainstream artistic expression, rejecting the finger-painting movement in favor of painting with a sibling’s toothbrush. Nurture young artistic talents with today's Groupon: for $67, you get one week of art camp (a $99 value) and one registration fee waived (a $35 value) at Julie's School of Art at the First United Methodist Church in Crowley (a $134 total value). Choose from the following morning (10 a.m.–noon) or afternoon (1 p.m.–3 p.m.) classes:
• July 5–July 8 morning class
• July 5–July 8 afternoon class
• July 18–July 21 morning class
• July 18–July 21 afternoon class
• July 25–July 28 morning class
• July 25–July 28 afternoon class
• August 1–August 4 morning class
• August 1–August 4 afternoon class
• August 8–August 11 morning class
• August 8–August 11 afternoon class
• August 15–August 18 morning class
• August 15–August 18 afternoon class
Julienne King draws upon more than 20 years experience in graphic design and education to fashion a creative, hands-on art experience for kids. Parents can enroll aspiring artists ages 4–18 in morning or afternoon classes with up to 30 classmates and watch confidence, creativity, and acrylic paints soar as they decorate T-shirts, paint landscapes, and learn how to delegate creative control under tight deadlines. All brushes, shirts, industrial lathes, and other supplies are provided, but kids should wear a smock or clothing they don't mind getting messy.
509 Peach St.
Crowley, Texas 76036