What You'll Get
Click above to buy a ticket to the December 12 show at 2 p.m. Click on the link below to buy ticket for additional shows.
- Buy here for Friday, December 11, at 7 p.m.
- Buy here for Saturday, December 12, at 2 p.m.
- Buy here for Saturday, December 12, at 7 p.m.
- Buy here for Sunday, December 13, at 2 p.m.
- Buy here Sunday, December 13, at 7 p.m.
Jump to: Santa’s Greatest Failures
There comes a time in every kung-fu film and 10th-grade homeroom when the student becomes the master. With today’s Groupon, reserve your spot for musical merriment and see Santa finally get his comeuppance. For $16, you’ll get an adult ticket (regularly $32) to Junior Claus, in its limited-engagement run at the Burnsville Performing Arts Center.
After Santa’s suddenly sidelined, it’s up to Junior to suit up and take the reins of the sleigh in time to save Christmas day. As the young protégé struggles to master gift-wrapping, reindeer steering, and improvising hot chocolate out of sugar and silicone caulk, audiences of all ages will enjoy watching the pint-size protagonist transform into a seasonal superhero in this heartwarming holiday tale. Youth and senior tickets are available for $21.50, making this an affordable, family-friendly event that doesn’t require body oil and a referee.
The stunning, state-of-the-art center has two theaters, a 2,000-square-foot art gallery, and effortless parking. Arrive early to take in scenic views of Nicollet Commons Park, the Minnesota River Valley, and the skyline from the all-glass, two-storied lobby. Get this Groupon to realize a newfound Santa appreciation, to rest vocal cords sore from caroling, or to entertain your sugar-cookie buzzed nephew.
Santa’s Greatest Failures
The storyline of Junior Claus involves Santa being unable to perform his Christmas duties and someone else stepping in to save the day. Santa’s unreliability during the holiday season is actually widely known, but rarely discussed. Here are just a few of the recent instances of Santa failing to deliver Christmas cheer:
- 2008: Santa was unable to deliver presents to the children due to a gambling addiction and setting the presents on fire.
- 2007: Battling fatigue from working day and night on a model of Ichiro made out of stale bagels, Santa refuses to deliver presents and remains in bed to watch episodes of Designing Women.
- 2006: Feeling desperate for a change, Santa joins the cast of Archery, Archery, Archery on Broadway for the annual holiday run. He is later replaced by William H. Macy.
- 2005: Santa completely forgets which month it is after canceling his newspaper subscription and setting his desk calendar on fire.
Follow @Groupon_Says on Twitter.
The Fine Print
Promotional value expires Dec 12, 2009. Amount paid never expires. Limit 2 per person. Must call to confirm assigned seat. Not valid with other offers. Box office closed Mondays. Valid only for show on 12/12 at 2 p.m. Merchant is solely responsible to purchasers for the care and quality of the advertised goods and services.