What You'll Get
If you've always wanted to commandeer a boat to pass off as your own to friends, colleagues, and potential domestic partners, today's Groupon gives you the status and thrill you desire in a completely legal manner. For just $40, you get one hour of lake-skimming in a pontoon boat or dare-devilry on a WaveRunner at Just for Fun Watercraft Rental ($55–$70 value). Your rental includes safety equipment, instruction, and unlimited fuel. Combine multiple Groupons for a day-long lake dwelling or a thrilling escape to international waters at just $40 per hour. Whether you're searching for wild wakes or a pontoon picnic, today's deal is a unique way to celebrate birthdays, holidays, and escape-necessitating diamond heists.
Emerald Point Marina on Lake Travis is a fun alternative to taking a shower or visiting a local waste-water treatment plant. The shimmer of sunlight on its surface and its cool, soothing depths make it the perfect destination for recreation and meditation. The deck of the pontoon boat is perfect for relaxing, picnicking, and sunbathing with up to 11 friends. Cut lines through the lake on a WaveRunner, which can accommodate one to three wind-seekers. Just for Fun is open seven days a week from 9 a.m. to 7:30 p.m.
- ...so easy...didn't make us wait...while they did paperwork, nor did they do the nine hour "This Is How You Drive A Boat" speech. They did... make sure we knew enough to keep ourselves safe and happy. – Tara H., Yelp
- ...after owning several boats, I was surprised that a rental boat would be in such great condition, and their friendly staff really made us feel special. – wakeboardcowboy, Citysearch
- Even though I had never driven a boat before the staff there explained everything really well and I felt real confident when we left the dock - it was easy! – xmargaritax, Citysearch
How to Remember Boating Terms
Experienced sailors are well versed in boating terminology, but for beginners, here are some helpful tricks to remember what these sailing terms mean:
- Port: The port side is the left side of the boat and port has four letters, just like left.
- Starboard: Has nine letters, just like the words Carrot Top, which is why it denotes the side of the ship where Carrot Top is standing.
- Mast: Rhymes with past, and just like the past, is the part of the ship that sailors refuse to dwell on.
- Hull: The hull is a specific dream every sailor has toward the end of their careers in which hockey great Bobby Hull tells them, “It’s time. It’s time. It’s time.”
The Fine Print
Promotional value expires Apr 30, 2010. Amount paid never expires. Valid Mon.–Sun. 1-hour rental includes gas. Reservation required. Merchant is solely responsible to purchasers for the care and quality of the advertised goods and services.