All reviews are from people who have redeemed deals with this merchant.
What You'll Get
Jump to: Reviews | SushiDude.com
In the hungry face of hunger, it is widely agreed that sushi is an acceptable cure for growling digestive tracts. With today's Groupon, you can satisfy the most demanding of cravings for sliced, rod-shaped foods at Kamehachi. Twenty dollars gets you $50 worth of sushi, sake, noodles, and more.
Whether you need a beginner's guide to eating sushi, excel in the art of sushi consumption, or suffer from sushi-phobia, Kamehachi can quash your craving with diverse menu offerings. The Beginner's Sushi 101 (half California roll, half cucumber roll, with shrimp and egg omelet nigiri sushi) gets your sushi-feet wet with a taste of tame, no-raw-fish options. The Chicago Crazy Roll (tuna, yellowtail, salmon, crab, cucumber, lettuce, and masago) satisfies anyone's seafood-tooth. The Futomaki, the Japanese culinary equivalent of a turkey stuffed with mashed potatoes and Caesar salad, rolls up spinach, gourd, shitake mushroom, Japanese pickle, cucumber, and egg omelette in an imaginative makimono.
A long list of makimono and nigirizushi offerings are just part of Kamehachi's tasty treats. Asparagus beef rolls, chicken teriyaki, and a variety of udon and soba noodle dishes satisfy the sushi-phobic.
Dine in at three convenient Chicago-area locations: Old Town, Streeterville, and Northbrook. Impress your friends, out-of-town-guests, and arranged-marriage partner with a seat in the Old Town location's gorgeous garden in any season; a breezy patio in summer, the garden converts to a cozy indoor oasis in winter.
- Those fortunate enough to grab a seat at Kamehachi's black granite sushi bar or share a meal in the private dining room will be treated to great sushi, tempura and teriyaki options...Don't miss the green tea ice cream for dessert. – North Shore Magazine
- The service was cheerfully accommodating -- “I brought you a miso, too, so you wouldn’t be lonely,” the waitress told my companion, whose order, unlike mine, didn't come with soup. When we accidentally lit one of our menus on fire, she laughed it off and said it happens all the time. – Kathie Bergquist, The Chicago Reader
- The quality of ingredients, fresh...and artfully prepared...delicious sushi and sashimi, as well as a beautiful restaurant space, make this location the best sushi spot in the city. – Nannette P., Yelp
- Everyone here is very nice and it is clean and fast! – Crystal P., Yelp
- We have a high comfort level going to place where people greet you by name, say hello and make you feel good. – mkjones, Citysearch
The Fine Print
Promotional value expires Mar 15, 2010. Amount paid never expires. Dine in only. 1 per table. Tax and gratuity not included. Not valid with any other offers. Valid as of Monday 9/21/09. No change given. Must use entire amount in one visit. Merchant is solely responsible to purchasers for the care and quality of the advertised goods and services.