In addition to providing people with compelling stories and photography, newspapers supply the raw materials to piece together ransom notes demanding more newspaper subscriptions. Demand to be informed with this Groupon.
$29 for a 26-Week Wednesday and Sunday Kansas City Star Subscription ($71.50 Value)
- Pulitzer Prize–winning reporting
- Wednesday issue includes new 913 magazine, featuring news on Johnson County and Olathe<p>
At the end of the 26-week period, subscription auto-renews at the prevailing home-delivery rate; must contact The Kansas City Star at 816-234-4512 to cancel.
Will take 7 days to activate subscription after Groupon is redeemed online.
"Kansas City Star"
The Kansas City Star's hard-hitting journalism has netted eight Pulitzer Prizes over its distinguished 130-year history and expanded into cyberspace through its website, KansasCity.com. Fat Sunday editions, meanwhile, are glutted with rich content, including C.W. Gusewelle’s news column, a spread of color comics, and the ever-popular coupons and sales ads.
- 1931 Pulitzer Prize – A.B. MacDonald for articles about a murder in Amarillo, Texas
- 1933 Pulitzer Prize – Editorial Writing
- 1944 Pulitzer Prize – Henry Haskell for Editorial Writing
- 1952 Pulitzer Prize – Coverage of the Great Flood of 1951
- 1954 Pulitzer Prize – Alvin Scott McCoy's local reporting coverage that led to the resignation of C. Wesley Roberts as Republican National Chairman
- 1982 Pulitzer Prize – Local news reporting of the Hyatt Regency walkway collapse (along with the Kansas City Times)
- 1982 – Rick Atkinson (of the Kansas City Times) for national reporting for a series on the West Point Class of 1968
- 1992 Pulitzer Prize – National reporting by Jeff Taylor and Mike McGraw's critical examination of the U.S. Department of Agriculture