All reviews are from people who have redeemed deals with this merchant.
· Reviewed December 6, 2016
Reviewed September 23, 2013
Reviewed September 20, 2013
What You'll Get
In addition to providing people with compelling stories and photography, newspapers supply the raw materials to piece together ransom notes demanding more newspaper subscriptions. Demand to be informed with this Groupon.
$29 for a 26-Week Wednesday & Sunday Kansas City Star Subscription ($85.80 Value)
- Pulitzer Prize–winning reporting<p>
At the end of the 26-week period, subscription auto-renews at the prevailing home-delivery rate; readers must contact The Kansas City Star at 816-234-4512 to cancel. It will take 7 days to activate subscription after Groupon is redeemed online.<p>
The Fine Print
Promotional value expires Jun 13, 2012. Amount paid never expires. Limit 1 per household, may buy multiple as gifts. Limit 1 per visit. New subscribers only. Must activate by expiration date on your Groupon. Valid only for select zip codes. At the end of the 26-week period, subscription auto-renews at the prevailing home-delivery rate; must contact the Kansas City Star at 816-234-4512 to cancel. Read important Kansas City Star disclaimer that applies to this deal. Merchant is solely responsible to purchasers for the care and quality of the advertised goods and services.
About "Kansas City Star"
The Kansas City Star's hard-hitting journalism has netted eight Pulitzer Prizes over its distinguished 130-year history and expanded into cyberspace through its website, KansasCity.com. Fat Sunday editions, meanwhile, are glutted with rich content, including C.W. Gusewelle’s news column, a spread of color comics, and the ever-popular coupons and sales ads.
- 1931 Pulitzer Prize – A.B. MacDonald for articles about a murder in Amarillo, Texas
- 1933 Pulitzer Prize – Editorial Writing
- 1944 Pulitzer Prize – Henry Haskell for Editorial Writing
- 1952 Pulitzer Prize – Coverage of the Great Flood of 1951
- 1954 Pulitzer Prize – Alvin Scott McCoy's local reporting coverage that led to the resignation of C. Wesley Roberts as Republican National Chairman
- 1982 Pulitzer Prize – Local news reporting of the Hyatt Regency walkway collapse (along with the Kansas City Times)
- 1982 – Rick Atkinson (of the Kansas City Times) for national reporting for a series on the West Point Class of 1968
- 1992 Pulitzer Prize – National reporting by Jeff Taylor and Mike McGraw's critical examination of the U.S. Department of Agriculture