Choose Between Two Options
- $12 for a one-year individual membership ($25 value)
- $16 for a one-year family membership ($35 value)
- General admission for one year
- Gift-shop discounts
- Discount on facility rentals
- Advanced notice of special events
Kansas Oil Museum
Where does oil come from? It's a question many kids eventually ask. The answer, in Kansas, has historically been from a mix of exploration and production in Flint Hills and Butler County. This museum highlights how it all worked, through a mix of classic history exhibits and more experiential ones.
- Size: 10 acres, much of it outdoors
- Eye Catcher: the hulking, early 20th-century equipment once used to extract oil from the earth. The curators have restored these machines to working order.
- Permanent Mainstay: the Historic Oil Boom Town, outfitted as if its residents might return at any moment. Run by oil officials, towns like this were once self-sufficient settlements set up in response to oil discoveries, complete with stores, schools, and plenty of black gold.
- Don't Miss: special events where visitors can see the restored oil equipment in action