What You'll Get
Choose Between Two Options
- $39 for one 60-minute hypnotherapy session with initial 30-minute consultation ($140 value)
- $75 for two 60-minute hypnotherapy sessions with initial 30-minute consultation ($215 value)
Three Things to Know About Hypnosis
Despite its less-than-serious depiction in cartoons and movies, hypnosis can be an effective tool for therapy. Read on to learn more about the way hypnosis affects our conscious minds.
1. People aren’t unconscious under hypnosis. In fact, they are in a state of focused hyper-awareness. Subjects’ suggestibility does not emerge from any lack of understanding, but rather from the suppression of inhibitions.
2. You cannot be hypnotized against your will. Although it is true that a hypnotized person will be more susceptible to suggestion, it’s simply not possible to force them to do something that they don’t want to do. Likewise, when battling a deep-set psychological issue such as a phobia or an addiction, hypnosis doesn’t work by reversing the patient’s unwanted thoughts but by gradually strengthening their resolve to silence them.
3. Hypnosis often takes hold gradually. Many hypnotherapists use a method known as progressive relaxation. Introducing peaceful imagery in slow, soothing tones, the professional lulls the patient into a state of relaxation over a longer period of time—as long as a half-hour—and gauges their suggestibility with simple, easy-to-swallow commands such as “relax your arms.”
The Fine Print
Promotional value expires 120 days after purchase. Amount paid never expires. Not valid for clients active within the past 6 months. Consultation required; non-candidates and other refund requests will be honored before service provided. Appointment required. Merchant's standard cancellation policy applies (any fees not to exceed Groupon price). Limit 1 per person, may buy 1 additional as gift. Valid only for option purchased. All goods or services must be used by the same person. Valid for weight, anxiety, and stress issues; not valid toward smoking cessation. Merchant is solely responsible to purchasers for the care and quality of the advertised goods and services.