Art is in the eye of the beholder, whereas swollen retinas are in the eye of the bee holder. Get soul-stung by provocative and powerful art with today’s Groupon to the Katonah Museum of Art, an expansive shrine of artistic artifacts. Choose between the following options:
- $25 for a one-year individual membership (a $50 value)
- $40 for a one-year family membership (an $85 value)
The Katonah Museum’s varied exhibitions and programs have drawn reviews and praise from residents, the New York Times, and passing carnival folk. Memberships to the museum confer a bevy of benefits, including:
- Free admission to the museum and exhibitions for one adult; family memberships provide admission for two adults and for family-day events
- Free admission at participating Westchester Alliance museums
- Reduced or free admission to museum-sponsored programs
- Invitations to exhibition previews and the annual Holiday Party
- Art Star News for ages 4–12 (family membership only)
The New York Times frequently features and reviews exhibitions at the Katonah Museum of Art. Fodor’s also reviewed the museum. More than 850 Facebookers are fans. > * The museum’s changing exhibitions span a wide range of cultures, mediums, historical periods, and social issues. It’s not uncommon to see a show about banjos or puzzles followed by a more traditional art exhibit—a review of Latin American works or a retrospective of Richard Diebenkorn’s prints, for example. – Fodor’s
Katonah Museum of Art
The Katonah Museum of Art believes that art is a living thing. To keep it going, the museum mounts 10–12 dynamic exhibitions every year, featuring works ranging from Jasper Johns' prints to picture-book illustrations to larger-than-life sculptural installations. Through innovative exhibitions and education programs, the museum promotes an understanding and enjoyment of the visual arts for diverse audiences. The pieces showcase all cultures and time periods. Despite this diversity, the art adheres to common themes: the exploration of new ideas, art, culture, and society.
134 Jay St.
Katonah, New York 10536Get Directions