Kayakers, unlike pancakes or depressed turtles, muster the will to get themselves upright when flipped upside down. Float through life with this Groupon.
Choose from Five Options
- $20 for a two-hour rental of a one-person recreational, sea, or whitewater kayak on Saturday or Sunday (a $40 value)
- $20 for a two-hour rental of a one-person recreational, sea, or whitewater kayak on Wednesday through Friday (a $40 value)
- $27 for a sunset kayak tour on Sunday (a $55 value)
- $32 for an architectural history kayak tour on Saturday or Sunday (a $65 value)
- $32 for an architectural history kayak tour on Wednesday through Friday (a $65 value)
The sunset paddle tour spends three hours on the waters of downtown during the golden hour. Participants on the three-hour architectural tour travel down the Chicago River as guides explain the river's history, point out notable skyscrapers, and identify one of Al Capone's hideouts from the water.
The hustle and bustle of the city can’t touch the calm waters of Lake Michigan. There, on gently rolling waves surrounded by fresh breezes, Kayak Chicago hosts tours and lessons, and lets paddlers take to the waters on their own with rentals. Captained by Dave Olson, a kayaker for more than 20 years and outdoor educator for more than 10, the company entrusts certified instructors and guides with shaping the strokes of kayaking newbies. Their tours take aquatic explorers down the Chicago River at night to ooh and ahh over summer fireworks or during the day to survey the city’s renowned architecture and map out their next bank heist. The staff also plants patrons on standup paddleboards for introductory lessons or wave-top rounds of SUPYoga or SUPPilates.
What some people are buzzing about:
97% of 247 customers recommend
“Wear workout clothes that breathe and you can move easily in Wear sunglasses! Even if you've kayakked before, you'll learn some helpful techniques and it's a great...”
“Wear workout clothes that breathe and you can move easily in Wear sunglasses! Even if you've kayakked before, you'll learn some helpful techniques and it's a great view of the city”
“Very well organized operation; good kayaks; friendly, knowledgable guides.”
“Two thumbs up!”