Kayakers, unlike pancakes or depressed turtles, muster the will to get themselves upright when flipped upside down. Float through life with this Groupon.
Choose from Five Options
- $20 for a two-hour rental of a one-person recreational, sea, or whitewater kayak on Saturday or Sunday (a $40 value)
- $20 for a two-hour rental of a one-person recreational, sea, or whitewater kayak on Wednesday through Friday (a $40 value)
- $27 for a sunset kayak tour on Sunday (a $55 value)
- $32 for an architectural history kayak tour on Saturday or Sunday (a $65 value)
- $32 for an architectural history kayak tour on Wednesday through Friday (a $65 value)
The sunset paddle tour spends three hours on the waters of downtown during the golden hour. Participants on the three-hour architectural tour travel down the Chicago River as guides explain the river's history, point out notable skyscrapers, and identify one of Al Capone's hideouts from the water.
The hustle and bustle of the city can’t touch the calm waters of Lake Michigan. There, on gently rolling waves surrounded by fresh breezes, Kayak Chicago hosts tours and lessons, and lets paddlers take to the waters on their own with rentals. Captained by Dave Olson, a kayaker for more than 20 years and outdoor educator for more than 10, the company entrusts certified instructors and guides with shaping the strokes of kayaking newbies. Their tours take aquatic explorers down the Chicago River at night to ooh and ahh over summer fireworks or during the day to survey the city’s renowned architecture and map out their next bank heist. The staff also plants patrons on standup paddleboards for introductory lessons or wave-top rounds of SUPYoga or SUPPilates.
97% of 246 customers recommend
“Very well organized operation; good kayaks; friendly, knowledgable guides.”
“It was a fun day and a good paddle on the Chicago river! Brian and Dave were awesome and we had a great group!”
“This was an awesome tour! The staff and guides are the nicest around and we learned a ton while having an amazing time!”