Choose Between Two Options
- $19 for a beer tasting for two, with five 4-ounce beers plus one appetizer (up to $32 value)
- $38 for a beer tasting for four, with five 4-ounce beers plus two appetizers (up to $64 value)
Keegan Ales owes its beginnings to a defunct brewery. No one else wanted to take on the task of buying the empty building that included a broken bottling line—so Tommy Keegan did, in 2003. The brewery's first batch of beer was made after months of restoring the building, but the hard work paid off. Those initial kegs earned recognition at a beer competition the following month, and in the years since, Keegan Ales has continued to take home various awards and recognitions. In 2009, for example, it was declared the best craft brewery in New York state at the annual TAP New York festival.
Craft-beer lovers can enjoy free tours of the brewery when they're not preoccupied with brews, pub snacks, and live music at the bar and restaurant next door. Reuben sandwiches, house-made nachos, and hot pretzels are available along with the obvious selection—fresh beer on draft.
Here's a quick look at some of the award-winning brews on tap at Keegan Ales:
- Mother's Milk: this dark, creamy milk stout with hints of oatmeal and chocolate once earned a nod from the New York Times.
- Hurricane Kitty: a bold, coppery IPA with a light floral aroma that gets its name from brewmaster Keegan's grandmother, making it the family favorite.
- Joe Mama's Milk: Mother's Milk, and then some—this version gets brown sugar and a cold coffee extract from Monkey Joe's Roasting Co. for a bolder flavor (and higher alcohol content).
- See the full list of beers on tap here.