Ice is nothing more than water that won’t let people swim in it. Teach stubborn liquid a lesson with today’s Groupon to Kent Valley Ice Centre in Kent. Choose between the following options:
- For $30, you get an ice-skating outing for four (up to a $59.59 total value), which includes:
- Four admissions (up to an $8.45 value per person)
- Four skate rentals (up to a $3.20 value per person)
- One appetizer (a $12.99 value)<p>
- For $65, you get a beginner ice-skating-lesson package (up to a $131.27 total value), which includes:
- Up to eight 30-minute group ice-skating classes held once a week (up to a $109.25 value)
- Skate rental for each lesson (a $22.02 value)
- Free admission to public skate after each lesson<p>
Kent Valley Ice Centre is one of the largest ice entertainment facilities in the Pacific Northwest, helping people learn to carve cursive poems into smooth sheets of ice during skating lessons or outings. Guests can bring family, friends, or three blind-yet-graceful mice to the frozen indoor pond, where the freshly zambonied surface welcomes them to jump, glide, and spin for a roughly one- to three-hour block of time. Included skate rental eliminates the need to craft homemade skates out of old sneakers and dull kitchen knives, and hungry ice-dancers can divvy up an appetizer from On the Edge Cafe using eager hands or by slicing them into equal portions using a removed skate.
Professional instructors gift novices with fundamentals during weekly 30-minute Learn to Skate classes. Groups of about 15 students slide onto the ice as an instructor helps them develop proper technique, build strength, and learn to stop in a manner that can spray a snow shower into the eyes of a grizzly. Lessons last between six and eight weeks, depending on when the attendee signs up, and can accommodate beginner students aged 3 through adult.
Kent Valley Ice Centre
Despite its wintery moniker, Kent Valley Ice Centre doesn’t just thrive in the colder months. The public ice-skating site and home of the Kent Valley Hockey Association also teams with warm-weather activities, housing miniature golf and batting cages on its sprawling facilities. In addition, the family-friendly sports emporium invites guests to a full-service café and bar and a pro shop where visitors can purchase hockey equipment and ice-skating gear.