Mounted police opt for equine transportation so that they don’t have to deal with squad cars’ wailing thirst for gas and justice. Harness real horsepower with this Groupon.
Choose from Six Options
- $95 for one week of half-day Tiny Tot Kamp for a child aged 3–6 (a $250 value)
- $155 for one week of full-day Tiny Tot Kamp (a $425 value)
- $195 for three weeks of half-day Tiny Tot Kamp (a $550 value)
- $315 for three weeks of full-day Tiny Tot Kamp (a $950 value)
- $155 for one week of Kamp Kierson for a child aged 6–13 (a $425 value)
- $315 for three weeks of Kamp Kierson (a $950 value)<p>
All options include one 30-minute private horseback riding lesson. Suited for children aged 3–13 and requiring no previous riding experience, Kierson Farm’s equestrian camps lead students through activities such as grooming and tacking, group riding lessons, and arts and crafts. Running from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. starting on Monday, June 25, and ending on Friday, August 24, each weeklong session concludes with a miniature horse show. Click here to see a full camp brochure, including information on specific dates and times.<p>
After high school, Michael Richardson spent the next 15 years training show horses and winning a bushel of regional trophies at Richardson Stables. He eventually moved to Frenchtown, New Jersey, where he worked for Revelation Farm as a trainer and met his future wife, Jessie Kieren, who pioneered Revelation’s riding program. Fusing components of their respective last names, they founded Kierson Farm, whose verdant greens and indoor heated facilities house a fleet of trained American saddlebred show horses that ferry riders of all ability levels. The farm’s boarding services demonstrate their dedication to caring for hooved friends by delegating one staff member for every five horses, ensuring that each steed receives tender attention when not studying pig Latin.