Chefs design Italian fare for sharing–they slice their pizzas symmetrically, fill tabletops with appetizers, and construct lasagnas too heavy to lift with one fork. Make dining a group effort with today’s Groupon to Knapp Pizza II in Brooklyn on Avenue X. Choose between the following options:
- For $23, you get an Italian meal for two (up to a $55 total value) that includes the following:
- One appetizer (up to an $11 value)
- Two entrees (up to an $18 value each) or one large pizza (up to a $22.50 value)
Two glasses of wine (a $4 value each)<p>
- For $43, you get an Italian meal for four (up to a $110 total value) that includes the following:
- Two appetizers (up to an $11 value each)
- Four entrees (up to an $18 value each) or two large pizzas (up to a $22.50 value each)
- One bottle of wine (a $11 value)<p>
Knapp Pizza II’s owner Francesco Sciortino imports the vibe of a casual pizzeria and pasteria from Sicily, where he spent most of his childhood. After perusing a lengthy menu, eating duos and quartets can sink teeth into an appetizer of baked clams or mozzarella sticks before deploying forks into entrees from chicken parmigiana to shrimp oreganata.
Knapp Pizza II’s pie collection represents 10 predesigned dough disks such as the bacon alfredo, the philly cheesesteak, and the grandma pie topped with fresh mozzarella and garlic, then served in a plastic furniture cover. Visit the website for a funky slideshow of the restaurant’s signature dishes.