$50 for a one-year golf club membership ($99 value)<p>
- One free round on the day of redemption
- 20% off posted regular fees
- 20% off 18-hole rate for non-member guests (limit 1 four-some per day)
- 10% off merchandise
- Access to E-Club membership<p>
Ko'olau Golf Club
Golfers can be forgiven for taking their eye off a soaring drive every once in a while at Ko'olau Golf Club. After all, as with productions of Shakespeare in the Middle of the Freeway, the scenery is pretty hard to ignore. Players encounter twisting ravines, rushing waterfalls, and even distinct climate zones on the course, not to mention the panoramic vistas of the Oahu rainforest that serve as backdrop throughout. This striking beauty is no doubt one of the reasons Golflink.com ranks Ko'olau the best golf course in Hawaii.
Still, players shouldn't get too distracted by the surroundings, at least if they hope to succeed on a course where large sand bunkers and extreme changes in elevation make it anything but easy. If they do find themselves struggling, their best bet may be to sign up for the club's instruction programs. Or, they can simply hit the practice facility, which features a natural-grass driving range, an elevated chipping green complete with bunker, and a 7,000-square-foot putting green.
Course at a Glance:
- 18-hole, par 72 course
- Designed by renowned course architect Dick Nugent in 1992
- 7,310 yards from the back tees
- Four tee options
- See the scorecard on this page