Give a guy a fish, and he'll eat for a day; teach a guy to make perfect sushi rolls, and he'll be the culinary king of the cul de sac. Catch a fresh batch of cooking advice and recipes from expert chefs with today's deal for seminars or a tailgate party at the Kohler Food & Wine Experience held at The American Club Resort in Kohler. Choose from five options:
- For $40, you get two tickets to the Home Techniques Using Molecular Gastronomy seminar on Thursday, October 21, from 4 p.m. to 5 p.m. (an $80 value).
- For $40, you get two tickets to the Buck the Cooking Rut and Find Your Food Adventure seminar on Friday, October 22, from 4 p.m. to 5 p.m. (an $80 value).
- For $40, you get two tickets to the Savoring Perfection: A Celebration of Belgian Beers seminar on Friday, October 22 from 6:30 p.m. to 8 p.m. (an $80 value).
- For $40, you get two tickets to the Yummy Fall Fish seminar on Sunday, October 24, from noon to 1 p.m. (an $80 value).
- For $25, you get two food and beverage tickets to the Ultimate Tailgate Party event on Sunday, October 24, from 6 p.m. to 10 p.m. (a $50 value).
The 10th Annual Kohler Food & Wine Experience will import well-known local and international chefs for a long weekend of gourmet gastronomics. The comestible festival kicks off on Thursday as Top Chef runner-up Bryan Voltaggio presents "Home Techniques Using Molecular Gastronomy," a seminar demonstrating how science is used to forge flavorful and innovative sustenance. After evolving into an Einstein of edibles, sink your teeth into Thursday's complimentary events and delicious, sample-sized treats.
On Friday, you can be handed the shovels and spices you need to "Buck the Cooking Rut and Find Your Food Adventure" at a seminar taught by Aida Mollenkamp, host of Ask Aida on the Food Network. A house full of picky eaters or days filled with exhausting email algorithms often leads to repetitive dining on peanut butter sandwiches—Aida will teach you how to gussy up ailing recipes with easy solutions such as a fennel-cardamom pickle or a honey-balsamic glaze. At "Savoring Perfection: A Celebration of Belgian Beers," Marc Stroobandt, baron of Belgian brewhahas, will demonstrate the unexpectedly entwined fates of international culinary styles and Belgian beers. Take a stroll through Friday's free happenings and pick up cupboard-stuffing treats at the Gourmet Marketplace.
Anne Burrell, host of the Food Network's Worst Cooks in America, will bring the best aqueous aliments of autumn to the "Yummy Fall Fish" seminar. You'll receive healthy fish recipes to tuck safely into your victual vault, right next to Grandma's top-secret trove of "spirit jams." And though admission into the Ultimate Tailgate Party is free, the purchase of a food and beverage ticket will grant you access to heaping helpings of true Wisconsin tailgate fare and premium beverages as you sit back and watch the Packers defeat the Vikings with crisp offense, crunchy defense, and high-pitched whistles.
444 Highland Dr.
Kohler, Wisconsin 53044Get Directions