For $3, today's side deal gets you two tickets to see one frightening film at the Koka Booth Amphitheatre's A Reel-ly Scary Cary Halloween movie series October 26–30 (a $6 value). Choose from five dates and films:
- Tuesday, October 26: Poltergeist, starring JoBeth Williams, Craig T. Nelson, Beatrice Straight, and Heather O'Rourke (rated PG)
- Wednesday, October 27: Zombieland, starring Woody Harrelson, Jesse Eisenberg, and Abigail Breslin (rated R)
- Thursday, October 28: Monsters, Inc., with voices by Billy Crystal, John Goodman, and Bonnie Hunt (rated G)
- Friday, October 29: The Birds, directed by Alfred Hitchcock (rated PG-13)
- Saturday, October 30: Bram Stoker's Dracula, starring Winona Ryder, Anthony Hopkins, and Keanu Reeves (rated R)
- Main gates of amphitheatre will open at 6 p.m., and films will begin at 7 p.m.
- Friday and Saturday screenings also include an episode of The Alfred Hitchcock Hour prior to the film
- Bring picnic or purchase food onsite, like a turkey club wrap ($8), hot dog ($4), or bacon cheese fries ($5)
- Children 12 and under are free (but note that some films are rated PG-13 or R)
- A portion of revenue will benefit local charities
While there aren't many online user reviews on the internet for the Koka Booth Amphitheatre's A Reel-ly Scary Cary movie series, Yelpers give the venue a 4-star average, and had this to say about last year's Halloween movie offerings:
- The summer movie series wraps up in 4 weeks, but they also offer a Howl-oween series. It's normally the 6 days prior to halloween they show some new and old scary movies. The standouts from last year were Psyco [sic] and The Shining. What a great inexpensive time to hang out with friends and family under the stars and enjoy some great movies. – Michael E.