Though the Scottish shepherds who invented golf liked it for its challenges, Scottish sheep liked it because it gave them ample time to nap in shepherds’ pickup trucks. Find your own reason to enjoy golf with this Groupon.
Choose from Three Options
- $19 for an 18-hole round of golf for two, including cart (a $40 value)
- $29 for an 18-hole round of golf for four, including cart (an $80 value)
- $69 for 10 18-hole rounds of golf, including cart (a $200 value) Players can use their 10 total rounds in any combination of single player rounds, twosomes, threesomes, or foursomes.
Kountryside Golf Course
With the butt of a 12-gauge shotgun pressed against his shoulder and his eyes searching the skies for game, Bobby Kilgus's solitary hunting expedition was interrupted by something of an epiphany: suddenly, he had the impulse to transform his family farmland into a golf course. Though the instinct may have been dismissed by most people of his ilk—he had only played golf once in his life—Bobby and his wife set to work, researching the ins-and-outs of course design and enlisting the help of construction company owners to clear and sculpt the rugged earth. By 2003—a mere four years after he first saw visions of splendid fairways dancing atop the barrel of his shotgun—the Kilguses opened a 9-hole course, only to see it grow it into a full 18-hole course in 2007, hastened by tireless work and a steady diet of pureed fairway smoothies.
Eight years of toil culminated in a 5,822-yard, par 72 course that embodies down-home charm and challenging course play. With water in play on six holes, Bobby's grassy brainchild presents players with a number of tricky shots, including a 131-yard, blind tee shot into a completely hidden green at the par 3 13th hole, where it can be said that players—not unlike the course's architect—must take a leap of faith.
Course at a Glance:
- 18-hole, par 72 course
- Length of 5,822 yards from the farthest tees
- Course rating of 67.5 from the farthest tees
- Slope rating of 116 from the farthest tees
- Three tee options