Your chances of being kidnapped exponentially increase with your ever-increasing awesomeness. You can only fend off foes with your secret potion of hair gels and toothpicks for so long; real strength and self-defense come from serious training. Today's Groupon punches super-villains right between their lasery, well-intentioned eyes: for $19, you get three intense fitness or Krav Maga classes at KMDC Training Center (a $60 value). This deal gets you a hour of extra class and one more class option than the normal Krav Maga introductory special, plus it’s open to all ability levels. Take three one-hour Monkey Bar Gym/Strike classes or Krav Maga classes within a two-week period to slim down, buff up, and build your confidence so you can build that deck. Note: All three classes must be of the same type.
With regular workouts, you're fighting against your own body and stamina, but Krav Maga gives you living, breathing mock opponents. A blend of martial arts and pugilistic practice, each Krav Maga class incorporates strength and endurance training with simulated attack scenarios. You'll learn how to operate under pressure and protect yourself in dangerous situations. The Israeli Defense Forces and other military and law enforcement organizations around the world train in Krav Maga—these hard-core classes won't pull any punches.
Like Krav Maga, Monkey Bar Gym/Strike classes are focused on practical training. These full-body, high-energy training sessions are excellent for weight loss and sports conditioning. You'll use jump ropes, ladders, kettle bells, medicine balls, punching bags, and more in this practical blend of yoga, kickboxing, and strength, endurance, and sports training.
The motivational instructors at KMDC will push you to the limits and encourage you to value your workout as much as you value water, air, and the other elements that keep you alive every day. Check out KMDC's schedule for class times.
- 60 minutes later, I was a sweaty, aching mess. But it felt awesome. I signed up. – Jamie, Farm Fresh Meat
Yelpers give Krav Maga D.C. Training Center 3.5 stars:
- The instructors are great, and happy to push you until you are panting and exhausted, and then start the real training. – james g.
- The workout is...challenging...they focus on real fighting, not...choreography. – Rebecca B.
- The facility was clean and spacious...The students were helpful...The class was hardcore...I really enjoyed the multiple attacker simulation as well. – Pteri P.
How to Stay Calm and Mean It
Intense Krav Maga classes put you in realistic fighting situations to train you to stay calm under pressure. Here are some surefire tips to keep you calm, cool, and collected in any dangerous situation:
- Take a deep breath. Refilling your lungs with oxygen will cause you to be able to read minds.
- Keep your eyes open. You’re likely near a zoo, in which case the sight of the cute animals will relax you.
- Keep your balance, especially if you are a skateboard bad boy engaged in the vicious skate duel of your life.
- Don’t be afraid to yell. Instead, be afraid that you’ve Facebooked the wrong Jeff Franklin.
Follow @Groupon_Says on Twitter.